need help

florida

hi everybody! i'm new here and i like this site a lot. i have natural curly hair(i'm biracial, german and african). i don't know which type of curl i have because i don't understand the discription on this site. but when i compare my head with pictures of some members here who say that they have 3c hair i think that's my type, too.
confused.gif

i've never relax my hair and it's long(past my shoulders...i don't know how many inches i have...germans don't know "inches", they say "zentimeter/meter"). i want longer hair and it seems like my hair grows fast but the ends allways break.
frown.gif

what can i do to protect my ends?

thank you very much and sorry, english is not my mother-tongue.

bye,
mia

ps. some of you take supplements. do they help? and what is flaxseed oil and primerose oil for example?

Goss Gott, Florida (sorry, no umlaut)....wie gehts?!

To start, yes vitamins DO help. After you fo to the link below, you will be able to understand this site better and get more information, but in German.

As for how you can protect your ends you can by a method called "sealing it". I have a good explanation, but you need to translate it.

To start off, take what is below and have it translated at this site:

http://www.freetranslation.com/

"This is what I call 'ends sealing'. I have used this technique on myself and the clients whose hair I braid. After conditioning & towel squeezing, I section the hair and apply a medium sized amount of pressing oil (Use a light oil) I fold aluminum foil around the ends. (half way up the hair section most of the time) then I take a hot non-electric bumper curlers or flat iron and clamp it over the aluminum foil for 5-7 seconds. I make sure I only cover the aluminum not the hair. Then I keep the foil on until it's cooled. This will help a great deal with your ends if your ends have been constantly dry. The ends will soon stop shedding because you're locking in moisture down to the cortex" (www.growafrohairlong.com).

Hello and welcome! My advice it to keep your ends moisturized. That means everyday. If I don't rinse or shampoo I at least mist my hair(or at least the ends) followed by something to seal in the moisture. I use a mixture of distilled(bottled or purified) water and 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil and put it in one of those little misting bottles (shake it up real well before each use). I follow this with a pomade(not always...it depends on how my hair feels). I also do this at night...your hair doesn't dry out out night and has a chance to 'rest'. I'm natural also...I found the key to keeping my ends is to keep them moist(I even prefer to keep them wet and tucked in a bun at times).

Back