Need help

sexy c

I have been taking care of my hair for a year and made it from ear length to shoulder length. The problem came when I started going to my mother's beauty shop and letting this women do a corrective relaxer on me. then a couple of months later I got highlights and my hair went downhill from there. I had to cut all my progress off my current length is now at a chin length bob :( . I am now wearing microbraids because i am 7 months pregnant and really dont feel like doing my hair. I plan on taking out my braids at the end of this month and starting over but i dont know where to start. Please help Im so sad I had to cut all my progress off after letting this wicked women do my hair.

I just wanted to offer my support. I have been through the same experience after achieving much growth and healthiness only to have it destroyed by a kitchen-tician who said she knew what she was doing. My hair is in an ok state right now but not what it was. I haven't been able to recover because I'm kinda where you are, I just don't feel like putting forth the effort with haircare. My suggestion is to go with what worked before. We know there's no magic potion or trick to hair growth other than consistent care and gentle handling. Good luck to you, girl!

hi i am sorry that happened to you. are u using a braid spray to keep your hair in the braids moisturized? thats very important.

locabouthair said:
hi i am sorry that happened to you. are u using a braid spray to keep your hair in the braids moisturized? thats very important.

Not really I really have not cared bout my hair so I really have not done nothing to it. my goal is start caring 4 my hair the right way when i remove these braids. Do any of u ladies know what to do to your hair after removing braids? Do I need a trim, protein treatment, moisture treatment? I'm getting confused all over again, I thought I had this hair game down.

Back