Need Help!!!

chocolat79

:eek: Help!! My edges have broken off! I haven't changed my routine lately, but I went to a Dominican salon in August for my relaxer and they used soft n beautiful. When I went for my touch-up in November, I used phyto specific. Does it matter if you switch relaxers? I noticed a lot of breakage after the phytospecific touch-up, but I didn't know where it was coming from. I used a protein treatment probably 2-3 weeks after my relaxer and have been trying to keep it moisturized. Also, I haven't really changed my routine. I've been bunning more, but I've been trying to be careful that I don't pull too tightly. I use a silk scarf at night, but I usually tie it around my edges, is it possible that it could be that as well? Haven't really been stressed lately, so I don't it's that. Anyone have any suggestions!!!

Is it possible that you overlapped the relaxers,, this is a sure cause of breakage anywhere on the head, I suffered severe breaking from this years ago,, The hair around the edges is more delicate than the rest of your hair so it would probably be the easiest and first to break from damage , try something like Nexxus Emergencee and the keep those areas very moisturized...

It's hard to say.... for me.... my edges started thinning out and I wondered what was going on. I was under stress for finals but the true culprit was my silk scarf. ANYTHING rubbing against my edges will pull them out. I remedied it by tying very loosely and sleeping on a satin pillowcase, just in case I come up outta my do' rag. :lol: You might want to try black castor oil on the edges (thin layer) before bed. I did this and it's started filling in nicely AND it keeps my hair soft.

Thanks a lot guys!! Raven, I don't think I overlapped my relaxers, I waited about 13 weeks between each one, UNLESS I waited too long between touch-ups, but I didn't experience breakage anywhere else! LD, you may be right, because I tie my silk scarf pretty tightly at night. I'll definitely try that black castor oil!

I had a lot of breakage when I temporarily switched from a no-lye to a lye relaxer. Maybe the first relaxer over-processed your hair and the second one was too strong. Have you used both of them before?

No, it was my first time for both of them, so I'm not sure. I'll just have to baby my edges from now on. Aw well!

Back