Need help with those wire mesh rollers

daviine

Okay so I bought some wire mesh rollers today becasue I plan on washing and settingmy hair tomorrow. I haven't done this in years (used to use magentic though). Wire mesh seemed easier but I'm doing a dry run right now and I'm having a problem. I bought the hair pins that Pumpkin suggested (long with legs spread apart) to hold the roller in..but how am I supossed to be putting it in to make it stay? I got the first two in okay but is there a special angle I need to put it in at to make the roller stay put?

HELP!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I cheat....(and I'm lazy and all thumbs when it comes to the pins....)/images/graemlins/spinning.gif I use the tops from the magnetic rollers with the mesh rollers....

Hi Daviine,

I basically put the pins in closer to the top of the roller to keep them from coming out when they dry. Sometimes I also use the big long bobby pins or metal clips.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
daviine said:
Okay so I bought some wire mesh rollers today becasue I plan on washing and settingmy hair tomorrow. I haven't done this in years (used to use magentic though). Wire mesh seemed easier but I'm doing a dry run right now and I'm having a problem. I bought the hair pins that Pumpkin suggested (long with legs spread apart) to hold the roller in..but how am I supossed to be putting it in to make it stay? I got the first two in okay but is there a special angle I need to put it in at to make the roller stay put?

HELP!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the pins in, in the opposite direction you rolled your hair. You also want to insert the pins at a slant. This should secure the wire mesh rollers.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
AmilLion said:
Put the pins in the opposite direction you rolled your hair. You also want to insert the pins at a slant. This should secure the wire mesh rollers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi, could you explain that further? For example if I'm rolling 'under' do you mean put the pin in from beaneath instead of from the top of the roller? I'd really like to learn how to use the pins. Thanks.

Back