Need help with self relaxing

lisacoop

I get so much great tips and advice from the ladies on LHCF. So I need some help. I just got a touch-up on 5/25/07, for my next touch I want to self-relax. Can someone provide tips and recommend what type of perm of should I use?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa :)

Hi Lisa Scoop
I've seen a lot of members reference southern girl's self-relax tips so here is the link. I plan on using this method with my next relaxer, but using ORS brand instead. there were recently polls about our relaxers, so you can search for that; many explained their relaxer choice. I saw that many used ORS and raved about so i'm going to give that one a try.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=46135&highlight=southerngirl+self-relax

hope this helps

I just self relaxed so here are my steps

1) Part hair into sections. I part mine into four sections.
2) Base scalp- I use ampro or vitale base, this will help protect from chemical burns
3) protect your previously relaxed hair. I used profectiv breakfree cream on my relaxed hair. I coated all but my newgrowth so that it would be protected from overlapping and chemical residue when I rinsed out my relaxer
4) Apply relaxer- I used a tint brush. I start in the front because when I rinse, that is the section I rinse first. Move as quickly as you can but don't rush because thats when you get sloppy. I do the front two sections first and then move to the back.
5) Smooth relaxer. I use the back of a comb to smooth. Be careful not to comb the relaxer, just use the back of comb to smooth it through your newgrowth. Start smoothing in the first section you applied the relaxer too and go in that order.
6) Once processing time is complete, rinse relaxer. Again rinse in the order you applied it. Rinse with warm water throughly
7) After I rinse I apply motions neutralizing condition for 10 mintues
8) I rinse again and start neutralizing. Remember to let the shampo sit on your hair a couple of minutes each time. Neutralizing is not an immediate process. I shampoo 3 times and let the suds sit for 3-5 mintues each time
9) Deep condition with your favorite conditioner

Back