Need Help for my teenage cousin (long)

mscounselor

Hello ladies,

I am in need of some hair care advice for my teenage cousin. The short of the story is that she went to a salon in MD for an updo with weave. They bonded it in and when she took it out, her hair broke off. She was devastated to say the lease. Anyhow, now she is trying to regrow her hair. She has my aunt's hair in that is can grow pretty long, so I just think she needs our help.
She is a 4a or 4b with fine hair. The option of going natural isn't there (yet) since I believe she hasn't figured out who she is as yet. So I need a regimen for a young person who has neck length hair.
I went through her products already and almost fainted when I found a moisturizer with both mineral oil and petrolatum in it. :spank: I screamed when I found the hair spray with alcohol in it. :eek:
The only good thing she had was a ORS hair mayonnaise and motions hair dress. She likes to pile on moisturizers in her hair and use heat every day :mad: . She complains its feels so dry. (hmmm....heat every day with poor regimen....wonder why) :scratchch

I am sure you ladies will give me great advice....and don't worry, I'm flying her down for a week of training before she goes off to college. (you know how some misinformed people are in college, they have messed up hair and will try to bring you with them)

Sorry so long...TIA

Maybe you can give her some moisturizing products that aren't too expensive (but are good) like Neutrogena Triple Moisture line (since dryness is one of her problems).

I would also say NO MORE GLUE IN WEAVES!!!! no direct heat and protective styles.

I would suggest DSD's tree braids, DSD's bun technique and/or Adrienne's baggie, ponytail method. This way, she can switch between them and not feel trapped by just one protective style.

Also, to start combating the dryness, I highly recommend Salerm Wheat Germ Mask.

Back