Need Help FAST. Dominicans and Trims/Layering Hair

FlawedBeauty

Has anyone ever had their hair trimmed or layered by the Dominicans?? If so was it a good expierence. I need to know in a hurry because my friend wants to have them straighten her hair but desperately needs a trim but her hair is in layers.

So do you gals find they are generally good at the cutting part or they mainly just used for straighening??

TIA

I have had a trim and the place I went to did an excellent job. I have also found that they are not scissor happy like most stylists. I have watched several Dominican stylists in my area give trims or layers and liked what they did. I would not hesitate to go to my local Dom. salon for a trim/layers.

However, she should definitely have witnessed them to be on the safe side. Hopefully there will not be a language barrier either so that she can relay what she wants.

yeah the girl i went to regularly trimmed my ends without even consulting with me first. wasn't bad, she didn't take off that much. but i dont really want anyone cutting on my hair that doesnt understand english all that well. but she didn't do a bad job.

Most dominican stylists are scissor happy. at least everyone i've gone to... and i've gone to a lot. they always give you a cut instead of a trim and I always wind up walking out with layers. However, I'm not gonna lie, it always looks really nice. Its just more of a cut then a trim.

I've always gotten really good trims from them. They've always taken just enough off. From what I've seen, they don't place a high value on styling/cutting, but rather length and health. If I were a blind walk-in, I'd trust them to do my trim vs. walking into an AA salon.

I only had a trim from them once and I was very specific (showing with my fingers) how little I wanted taken off. I also said "VERY LITTLE". She nodded and did as I asked. I would let them do it again but it probably depends on the stylist as with anything.

Every place is different of course, but it shouldnt matter b/c ur friend should be able to walk in and be specific and assertive about what she wants with her hair, showing examples with her fingers or pictures. if u let them know ur growing ur hair out, they will usually respect that BUT when u ask for layers from ANYONE, i would expect a little bit of flexibility b/c ur cutting all different lengths all over ur hair and some stylists do get excited with that much freedom as opposed to 'just a trim from the bottom'.

Back