Need ALOT of Texturizing/Texlaxing Help... Texturized/Texlaxed Ladies COME IN!

SoOoNY

So my natural journey has ended... after 10 months... I love the thickness of my natural hair but I hate the time it takes to take care of it... also I am not a braid-out, twist out, etc kinda girl... i cant do cute styles regularly... I'm not very chic...lol I like a good ole bun, a ponytail... or some sleek curls...

So i am going back to the creamy crack.... but I wanna texturing... I like my curls and want a big curly ponytail... maybe one day Ill transition again when its longer and I have reached my BSL goal but my hair is healthy and I want my straightness back....

SOOOO with that said... does anyone have any suggestions... i need help with the following

What to use ...an actual texturizer or a relaxer... (I used to use Affirm when i was relaxed but is that too strong... i have heard things about Design essentials, Mizani Butter Blends, and Silk Elements)

Im going to get it professionally done... what instructions should i give the hairdresser (ex: do not smooth, smooth keep in for 2 mins then wash, etc)... technique wise mainly

should i do anything on my part prior to the relaxer (protein treatments, etc)

I really need help with the first two... Thanks in advance!!!

i suggest you prep your hair for a couple of months before you do it...strengthening and moisturizing treatments. here is the thread i did when i texturized. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=109005

don't do the ACV rinse like i did however...it caused my hair to revert

i use Elucence relaxer. i have played with the ratio of relaxer to conditoner a few times...you can check my fotki to see what ratio i use now and my technique...

also do a search for "curve silkener secret" and "using protein before neutralizing" and stuff like that...they were plenty of threads on the subject

i would recommend using a mild relaxer and not a texturizing kit..adding conditioner to the relaxer makes it milder and buys you some time for smoothing before the curls get too loose

i would smooth WITH FINGERS just a few times

also save some strands of you hair from different sections and test them out using the relaxer and see how long you need to leave it on before you get the result you want...that's what i did before i took the plunge...

Last edited:
Well I use Affirm "Fiberguard" in Mild: and it says leave on for 13 mins: i leave on for about 8 minutes doing the comb out step very lazy: enough were my coils are stretched out into waves.

I have step-by-step instructions of my texlaxing process (including products I use) in the "About Me" section of my fotki. I wish you success with your texturizing/texlaxing process.

i suggest you prep your hair for a couple of months before you do it...strengthening and moisturizing treatments. here is the thread i did when i texturized. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=109005

don't do the ACV rinse like i did however...it caused my hair to revert

i use Elucence relaxer. i have played with the ratio of relaxer to conditoner a few times...you can check my fotki to see what ratio i use now and my technique...

also do a search for "curve silkener secret" and "using protein before neutralizing" and stuff like that...they were plenty of threads on the subject

i would recommend using a mild relaxer and not a texturizing kit..adding conditioner to the relaxer makes it milder and buys you some time for smoothing before the curls get too loose

i would smooth WITH FINGERS just a few times

also save some strands of you hair from different sections and test them out using the relaxer and see how long you need to leave it on before you get the result you want...that's what i did before i took the plunge...

THANK YOU SO MUCH... this has been extremely helpful...

May I ask why you picked Elucence... just a question...

Bumping for more replies

So my natural journey has ended... after 10 months... I love the thickness of my natural hair but I hate the time it takes to take care of it.

So i am going back to the creamy crack.... but I wanna texturing... I like my curls and want a big curly ponytail... maybe one day Ill transition again when its longer and I have reached my BSL goal but my hair is healthy and I want my straightness back....

Im going to get it professionally done.

Congrats on your decision sweetie. I know what you mean b/c I have come to the decision that I am going to relax at the end of the year. Being natural is doing more damage to my hair than good due to it being extremely curly/tightly coiled and the breakage it is causing. I can hear my hair breaking with each comb and I have done all of the protein/deep conditioning combos I can think of. I wish you healthy,happy growing and can not wait to see pictures.

Thanks everyone... I appreciate the replies...

I might buy my relaxer than mix it with some condish like Vin Diesels Wifey suggested cause I know the hair dresser will not mix it for me... (plus i wouldnt trust her to mix it right:look:)

I have used affirm in the past so i might try that...

this is so tricky tricky! lol... im glad im waiting 2 weeks to get my thoughts together

THANK YOU SO MUCH... this has been extremely helpful...

May I ask why you picked Elucence... just a question...

Bumping for more replies

i heard Elucence was very very mild so i picked it. plus i love their other products sooo much i figured the relaxer would be good too.

i read that their mild is like putting conditioner on your hair

their normal is like a mild in other brands

and their super is like a regular in other brands

i heard Elucence was very very mild so i picked it. plus i love their other products sooo much i figured the relaxer would be good too.

i read that their mild is like putting conditioner on your hair

their normal is like a mild in other brands

and their super is like a regular in other brands

HMMM have you ever used the mild cause thats what I would lean towards... but i see that you use normal and you still have plenty of curls...

I wonder if i use the mild WITHOUT the conditioner how it would work

HMMM have you ever used the mild cause thats what I would lean towards... but i see that you use normal and you still have plenty of curls...

I wonder if i use the mild WITHOUT the conditioner how it would work

i don't have any curls anymore...i went straighter...but i'm thinking about going back to texturizing...

you probably wouldn't have to mix anything with their mild...you'd just have to leave it on for enough time for it to loosen your curls but without making them straight.

but you would have to get your stylist to order the Elucence for you if you use that brand. Elucence said they will no longer supply Mr. Gees with their product cause he was doing shady business...i'm glad i stocked up on relaxer when i did order from him...

i don't have any curls anymore...i went straighter...but i'm thinking about going back to texturizing...

you probably wouldn't have to mix anything with their mild...you'd just have to leave it on for enough time for it to loosen your curls but without making them straight.

but you would have to get your stylist to order the Elucence for you if you use that brand. Elucence said they will no longer supply Mr. Gees with their product cause he was doing shady business...i'm glad i stocked up on relaxer when i did order from him...

:scratchchYessssssss.... this is sounding more and more interesting. So where else can I get this Elucence from... no online site or anything... My hair dresser is Dominican and I am not sure if she knows... So I wanna have a back up in case she doesnt know about it

:scratchchYessssssss.... this is sounding more and more interesting. So where else can I get this Elucence from... no online site or anything... My hair dresser is Dominican and I am not sure if she knows... So I wanna have a back up in case she doesnt know about it

i ordered from mrgees.net. because you didn't need a license to order the relaxer. you can get it from the elucence webite: www.pleasantimage.com
but you have to have a license to order it.

people have siad that Mr. Gee wasn't filling orders like he should but taking their money. I never had any problems ordering from, i even talked to him on the phone before, but that was over a year ago.

Well... Im sold! I actually just purchased it of the website you just gave me with no license. I am very excited. So now I am gonna prep. I am gonna do protective styles for 3-4 weeks oiling my ends and doing over night DC treatments with Emergencia (my staple DC) and an Aphogee treatment two days prior.

Now I just need to form a technique since I prob will have my hairdresser do it...

but with all these helpful hints I may just do it myself....

anyone have suggestions for both me to give to my hairdresser and/or for me to do it myself

I use Silk Elements Mild Relaxer mixed with a cholesterol conditioner (1:1 ratio). Strand test to determine the best relaxing time for every texture on your head. If your hair is uniform you only have to test one strand, if not do more than one. Instead of relaxing in section I find it easier to just apply my relaxer from coarsest section to loosest section, giving each it predetermined processign time. I have let the relaxer sit, combed it through, and smoothed it and of all of those methods I prefer smoothing.

I have detailed instructions on how I did mine in my fotki.

Last edited:
i would suggest doing your hair in sections. like do the back half first, neutralize, then do the front half so you're not rushing. but that's why i mix conditioner in mine so i don't have to rush

also Elucence may contact you and ask for a license # before they ship the relaxer. i've heard they do that...

I use Silk Elements Mild Relaxer mixed with a cholesterol conditioner (1:1 ratio). Strand test to determine the best relaxing time for every texture on your head. If your hair is uniform you only have to test one strand, if not do more than one. Instead of relaxing in section I find it easier to just apply my relaxer from coarsest section to loosest section, giving each it predetermined processign time. I have let the relaxer sit, combed it through, and smoothed it and of all of those methods I prefer smoothing.

I have detailed instructions on how I did mine in my fotki.

Thanks... Ill make sure to look through it

i would suggest doing your hair in sections. like do the back half first, neutralize, then do the front half so you're not rushing. but that's why i mix conditioner in mine so i don't have to rush

also Elucence may contact you and ask for a license # before they ship the relaxer. i've heard they do that...

Oh No... I hope they dont do that with me!

Back