Need advice on relaxer

Armyqt

I'm gonna be ordering the Affirm lye relaxer online this wk. I'm gonna order the 5 n 1 reconstructor and the moisturizing conditioner. My question is, should I get "their" neutralizing shampoo or will the one I have already do. I have 2 bottles of neutralizing shampoo and I really don't want to get another one. Let me know your opinions. Thanks.

Hi Armyqt,

They always say that it's good to use all the products in one line, but all neutralizing shampoos do the same thing: neutralize the relaxer. I don't think you have to buy theirs if you already have another brand. This is definately a personal call. Myself, I would use what I already have. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

there are claims that using products from the same line ensures good results, but i have to second what Pebs said.
On top of that, neutralizing shamp is not something that you use frequently and i would be hesistant to take on another bottle...
Sometimes product maufacturers instill a certain fear in us that makes us feel guiltyif we dont buy the WHOLE system. I go through this a lot. I dont buy whole systems cause i'm broke /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree with everyone else, Armyqt. While it couldn't hurt to use the same products within a line, all that we require of neutralizing shampoo is that it stops the actions of the relaxer. Any neutralizing shampoo can do that, and it doesn't have to be from the Affirm line.

Back