Need a good treatment for breaking hair ASAP!!

Sweetcoco82

Hello ladies,

I am transitioning for relaxed hair to natural hair. I have always stretched my relaxers 4-6 months without breakage and terrible shedding. Right now my hair is breaking off something terrible. I am affaid that if it keeps breaking my hair with start spliting where the new growth is. I think this breakage is from me being pregnant. For the first 4 months i could barely eat a thing. I was on home IV therapy for 6 weeks in the begining cause i could not keep a thing down not even water some days. So for 6 weeks i was living off of IV fluids and what ever water i could keep down so my stomach wouldn't feel empty. My hair that grew at the time felt awful. It is very very weak. Thats where my hair is breaking. The part that grew when i couldn't eat a thing. I dont think there is any hope for that hair. Is there anything that could possibly minumize the breakage? I can let another 2-4 inches go if need be. I was thinking maybe aphogee or nexuss Emergencee. Any tips? If the breaking doesn't slow down i'll have to do the big chop way before i had planned on doing it. I dont want hair so short that i cant put it in a bun. :(

Last edited:
I am thinking aphogee or emergencee. I used to be scared of these products but I did my first one last week and my breakage has slowed down to 1/8 of what it used to be. I highly recommend it.

karezone said:
I am thinking aphogee or emergencee. I used to be scared of these products but I did my first one last week and my breakage has slowed down to 1/8 of what it used to be. I highly recommend it.

Thank you for replying. What did you use and who do you use it?

Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum
Aphogee

Sometimes you can skip the treatment and try just moisturizing your hair on a daily basis. Moisturizing daily has helped prevent my hair from breaking. I moisturize my hair with S Curl. ;)

Honestly, for me, nothing but protective styles (braids, etc) , blowouts, or flat-ironing straight stops breakage (or in my case a touch-up)when I have that much new growth.

Emergencee and aphogee stops a tiny bit of it, but I just can't have that much NG w/o lots of breakage. My NG looks at those protein treatments like :cool:.

I wouldn't try a protein treatment just yet. Your breakage sounds like it is from a lack of moisture . . . and doing a protein treatment right now will probably dry your hair out even more. I would do some deep conditioning and heavy moisturizing for the next few weeks to restore the moisture balance. The moisture balance tends to get thrown off by stretching and transitioning for some reason- shucks I'm, battling that now.:lol: You really have to stay on top of that:D

Back