Naturals with Color-Treated hair, Please Help!

KaramelDiva1978

Hi Ladies,
On tomorrow I am scheduled to have my natural hair lightened and then highlighted and I am a few concerns. First of all, I currently have a semi-permanent color that needs to be lifted, even though its a few months old. So do you know if I need to heavily clarify tonight to remove it? Will that work to lift it enough? It's definitely worn away in various places, but I want to remove it all.

Secondly, my stylist gave me worst case scenario of what could happen as far as the hair health and dryness occuring. I'm not concerned there as much because I colored my hair while relaxed last summer and had no damage or breakage. I also have a pretty have moisture rich regimen now, overnight baggying (occasionally), daily moisture spritz, leave in conditioners and so on. But I would LOVE to know what conditioners and moisturizers you have found beneficial as a color-treated natural?

Also, if you have ANY pics, please post them and fotkis are welcomed too. :yep:

THANKS IN ADVANCE~!!

hey there!! i've been color-treated for years. i used to do auburn/reddish shades, and then i went jet black this summer.
I'm not sure if just that one clarifying session will completely strip your hair, so I may not even try it-you may just end up drying out your hair.
as far as moisture: deep conditioning with heat at least weekly is a must. I recommend Silk Elements Moisturing Treatment, and the Cholesterol is good as well. I've also found that my hair needs some protein pretty often-the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructer (sp?) has been especially beneficial because it's a very light protein.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks so much Rocky91, that's what I was looking for!! Weekly deep conditioning treatments with heat, okay, I have to keep that in mind. Also, I tried Silk Elements when I was relaxed, never tried it as a natural, I think I may have some left will try it under my dryer. How often are you doing your protein treatments? I also use Aphogee about every 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm unsure if clarifying will work either, but I was gonna give it shot with one or two shampoos and follow up with a deep conditioner also. It may not be worth it at this point.

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it.

Back