Naturals who work out...how are you wearing your hair these days?

zzirvingj

In a bun? Kinky twists? Pressed?

What's been working best for those of you who work out a lot and actually sweat it out in the gym every week? How do you keep your styles looking fresh these days?

The best style for me are box braids. They stay neater longer and I'm able to wash and/or rinse them and the look holds up well.

I've had kinky twists in now for about a month, and it has been heaven not having to worry about my hair. I'm going to try to leave them in for more weeks. After that, I'm at a loss for what I will do. My commute to work increased by 40 minutes, which means getting up earlier, which means I'm not trying to do my hair. I may just be bunning it.

I have no business being in this threadsince I haven't worked out in yonks! but when I worked out seriously, twists and braids served me well. I don't sweat much but if I did, CWing after a workout would not be a problem for me in my twists.

when i do my braidouts or flexirod sets or whatever sets, i just pull em up in a puff and tie a bandana around the edges.
straight-tight bun, bandana and it stays fine.

sometimes when I've really gone hard it gets real sweaty and then i just cowash and bun until my next wash day.

My workout hair regimen is the same as Rocky. I have a sweat bandana so it soaks up everything. I wash once a week usually.

Twist-out every single day. I put about 8 twists in at night. I work out before work so I undo the twists after working out. Just finger style and never use a comb until wash day. My hair is growing well and is super healthy.

I currently have it in two strand twists that are braided at the root.

Any other time, I just pull it back with a headband or pull it into a puff and style before I go to bed.

Back