Naturals who work out...what's your usual hairstyle these days?

Because spiral curls are my staple style, I just tie a cotton scarf around the edges (so it soaks up the sweat) and go for what I know. The roots get puffy of course but when I take the scarf off, my edges are smooth.

I let my scalp dry and then wet and "spot roll" whatever few areas need refreshing. I wash/wet set again once a week.

I pretty much straighten on sunday, after my most sweatiest dirty workout- hiking
day 2 is a rest day- wrap my hair or set overnight on flexi rods
day 3 is a 2.5 mi walk and light weights, might sweat a little- twist and curl or braid out on the dry hair
day 4 3-5 mi walk and stretching/yoga- barely sweat twist and curl
day 5 2.5 mile walk and heavy weights sweat maybe cowash and bun, if not same as above
day 6 5 mi walk/ interval jog if i didnt cowash the night before i need to now and then bun
day 7 seven I might rest I might not either way im bunning unless i need to be fabolous
I keep my hair in 2 braids while im working out for the very most part, keeps my roots smooth and hair away from sweat

but when it gets hot up in here... Imma let my soul glow with some wave nouveau buns and twist outs and wash and gos, my hair stays wet curly or in a bun during the summer pretty much

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]When I was working out at home, I would wear my scarf while working out.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I work out at a gym now, so I just place my hair in a curly ponytail, bun or French twist.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I haven't straightened my hair in a while now (since my workouts are more intense). I just find it easier to conditioner rinse my hair and keep it moving. :) [/FONT] *

I now work out just about everyday. I wash and go and do co washes. While working out I keep my hair in a bun and sometimes a pony tail. I use a Flexi 8 clip to hold my buns aad ponytails.

I did the same thing while transitioning except that I wore my hair twisted up and held in place with an octopus clip.

I pretty much straighten on sunday, after my most sweatiest dirty workout- hiking
day 2 is a rest day- wrap my hair or set overnight on flexi rods
day 3 is a 2.5 mi walk and light weights, might sweat a little- twist and curl or braid out on the dry hair
day 4 3-5 mi walk and stretching/yoga- barely sweat twist and curl
day 5 2.5 mile walk and heavy weights sweat maybe cowash and bun, if not same as above
day 6 5 mi walk/ interval jog if i didnt cowash the night before i need to now and then bun
day 7 seven I might rest I might not either way im bunning unless i need to be fabolous
I keep my hair in 2 braids while im working out for the very most part, keeps my roots smooth and hair away from sweat

but when it gets hot up in here... Imma let my soul glow with some wave nouveau buns and twist outs and wash and gos, my hair stays wet curly or in a bun during the summer pretty much

Errrr. I went back to the gym, been hiking and working out to fitness videos at home for a minute.. forget every thing i said.. i am not straightening my hair for a long time and Wet bunning it... I sweatllike a slave on the elliptical rider and i can only imagine what class will be like...

If i'm in a wash and go-just a pony, braidout/twistout-braided/twisted pigtails w/ a bandana (ghetto, i know but people leave me alone that way!), rollerset-pony and I know I'll be flatironning some edges when I get home...lol

I work out almost every day and I keep my hair in twist (look at siggy). I always cowash them after if I sweat lot. This is one of the main reasons I will never go back to a relaxer...I can work out daily and not worry about my hair.

I just straightened my hair and want to work out, but have an event tonight. What do you all suggest? Skip it today or cotton head band? maybe just weights, but I need to work off lbs to meet my -20lb goal in July.

I wear twists or twist outs. When I wear twist outs I leave my hair twisted until I'm done working out.

When I was actively working out :look:, it's been awhile, I wore my hair in braidouts that I would pin up. I wore scarves to keep my hair smoothed down while exercising, and washed every few days, and repeated.

Not completely natural yet, currently 11 weeks post, but I plan on wearing braids. Hopefully, I will be able to flat twist by the end of the year.

When I wear my hair natural, I just con wash in the shower after I workout and pull back into a ponytail. HOWEVER, I had to flat iron my hair a few days ago becaue I needed a trim ... badly. Straightened hair is more of a challenge, so I put some oil on my hair and some hair grease (or something similar around the edges and on the top of my hair. So far so good, but I'll be going back to natural very soon. :grin:

9 1/2 mos post, transitioning. I get my hair straightened and wear it out on the weekends.

My hair is really short and the back is all natural. I mainly work out at home, so I don't really have to worry about looking cute, I use a mesh wrap to try to keep my edges laying down. I like the mesh because it allows the hair to breathe, vs a silk or satin scarf, it would just make me sweat more during the workout.

I wear half wigs or phony ponies during the week. If I smooth and tie my hair down with a scarf at night, it lays down fairly well.

Ive just started back doing my flexi rods and a head band---they hold up really well during my workouts and I dont sweat much....So I can go in the mornings, shower and my hair holds up good.

This is my no heat hair style because my hair isnt long enough for a bun and I havent mastered the twist outs and other hairstyles yet.

Back