Naturals who Texlaxed.. How long did u wait

ProjectWLhair

Just wondering.... :spinning:

Did you wait until you reached your hair GOAL or did u texlax during???

and do you feel that it helped or hindered your retention??

TIA

I'd like to hear other responses too. I texlaxed my fully natural hair in the beginning of February because I wasn't seeing any progress and I wanted to retain length as I did when I was previously texlaxed. I'll have to give it some more time to tell, but I'm going to update with pictures this week.

I texlaxed after 15 months natural. My natural hair lookes like this when I relaxed.

Attachments

• natural3.jpg
    natural3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 42
  • natural2.jpg
    natural2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 43
I hid my hair for over a year before I texlaxed. I was about 18 months post relaxer when I cut off all the processed ends then texturized.

I am pretty lazy about hair care and can't stand 30 minutes or more of detangling so for me texlaxed hair helps me retain better because I can detangle easier without damaging my hair in the process.

Last edited:
I might texlax in the summer, but everytime I do texlax, my hair does retain length and grows better. The first time I texlaxed I waitied 9 months and when it was texlaxed I had a good growth amount that I couldn't see because of shrinkage.

Wow 2005.. What is changing your mind to texlax?

Because of the way I want to wear my hair. I have been wigging it since October to give my hair a break and at the end of this month the wig is coming off!

I want to wear my hair straight the majority of the time and all that heat I was using damaged my hair and it broke off. I think I went about two years without heat and my hair was longer than SL stretched, after a few months of heat it was between nape and neck length. My plan is to texlax and then to BKT on top of it for straight (yet still thick hair) results!

Back in October 2006 i was natural (as of a bc to about 3 inches of hair in september 2005)
I texlaxed around that time and I did it just out of boredom with my hair, I didn't wait to reach any goal, I just felt like being texlaxed again. I missed my real hair and decided to transition back to natural in August 07.

that's my story lol

On Monday I did my first self texlax/texturize. Trust me know one would know I put a chemical anywhere near my head though. It still looks natural but now it is just easier to detangle and comb through. I am a 4bz type, thin strands, but dense hair. It was taking hours to detangle. Every inch added another 3 minutes. I had been natural since 2007, it is coming up on 3 years. I just couldn't deal with it anymore. It was getting to the point where I couldn't even detangle with conditioner while wet. I was always dreading wash day and would stretch them out further and further. So I thought I would try a texutrizer. I used Hawaiian Silky No Lye/No Mix (Lithium Hydroxide) Mild. I literally left it in my head for 5 minutes start to finish because I didn't want to straighten my hair. I haven't reached goal yet. I am shoulder length but I think this will help with the single strand knots and breakage from them.

Back