Naturals who straighten

Hey guys, I was wondering what you are using on your hair when it is straight. I am 9 months in to my transition from relaxed to natural. The problem is I need a good moisturizer for my hair when it is straight. All the water base moisturizer puff up my new growth. Thanks in advance.

B&B Moisturizing Oil works for me
Also B&B Growth Moisturizer. They're about $3.99 a piece and the bottles have lasted for longer than 4 months so far. The growth moisturizer has protein in it so use it sparingly and less frequently. I usually put that in right before I wash my hair.

I have to suggest Redken Smooth Down Shampoo and Conditioner as the ultimate in keeping my hair frizz free and straight when I was natural and now that I'm texlaxed, I still use it! :yep:

I love Redken Smooth Down - the entire line is worth it!

I make sure that my hair is very well moisturized BEFORE I straighten by deep conditioning. While my hair is straight, I dont use moisture as that would cause reversion. Therefore, I only use oil-based products and not water-based products during that time.

I use oils to lubricate my strands and to keep the pre-existing moisture sealed. I usually use sweet almond oil because its light or Carol's Daughter Hair Honey. With the Hair Honey I rub it btw my hands to kinda melt it and thin it out and then apply to my hair. That approach works well for me.

I would make sure the hair has some good moisturizing leave-in before you straighten. I use Infusium Moisturologie Leave-In before I put any heat on it. Then when Its straight, I put olive oil on the ends. Castor Oil is really good on straightened hair too if you don't want it to revert.

Back