Naturals who straighten BUT hate rollersetting

Braided~Beauty

I am so happy:drunk:

I don't usually wear my hair straight but I have been getting bored of pinned up wash and go's and especially tired of having to wash my hair so often. Sooooo, I decided to try banding my hair and see how straight it got me. Last night I washed as usual and then banded my hair in two ponytails with about 8 bands down the length of each side.
This morning my roots were straight but the rest was a fluffy mess. I had a little free time so I thought why not just try to flat iron it.

It came out JUST AS GOOD as when I would take half the day rollersetting and sitting under the dryer. This is big for me because when I started flat ironing it took me about 4 hours...this morning since it was already streched (which took about 5min) it took 25min.:grin: No stupid rollers...no sitting under the dryer...no tired arms. Soooooo much better:yep:
Here goes the pic...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/Kristano/IMG_1773.jpg

I HATEHATEHATE:wallbash: rollersetting my hair. This is so much easier:yep:

Your hair looks great. I haven't rollerset my hair in awhile. Thank goodness I have a great beautician. Thanks for the tip. Q

Omgoshhhhhh your hair is beautiful!!! And you did an awesome job on it too!! WOW!!!
I don't have any advice for ya but had to comment on that pic tho :) Keep up the great work and be careful not to overdose on the flatiron LOL:grin:

Omgoshhhhhh your hair is beautiful!!! And you did an awesome job on it too!! WOW!!!
I don't have any advice for ya but had to comment on that pic tho :) Keep up the great work and be careful not to overdose on the flatiron LOL:grin:

I know! This may not be such a good thing:blush:
I hardly ever wear my hair flatironed...too much work and not so great for the condition of my hair.
This was just toooo easy...I'll try to be good:look:

I don't usually wear my hair straight but I have been getting bored of pinned up wash and go's and especially tired of having to wash my hair so often. Sooooo, I decided to try banding my hair and see how straight it got me. Last night I washed as usual and then banded my hair in two ponytails with about 8 bands down the length of each side.
This morning my roots were straight but the rest was a fluffy mess. I had a little free time so I thought why not just try to flat iron it.

It came out JUST AS GOOD as when I would take half the day rollersetting and sitting under the dryer. This is big for me because when I started flat ironing it took me about 4 hours...this morning since it was already streched (which took about 5min) it took 25min.:grin: No stupid rollers...no sitting under the dryer...no tired arms. Soooooo much better:yep:
Here goes the pic...

I WASNT EXPECTING T TO LTOOK THAT NICE! THAT'S LIKE FROM THE POLAR. GOO JOB!

WOW i don't know what i was expecting when i clicked this thread but your hair is absolutely breath taking!

I know! This may not be such a good thing:blush:
I hardly ever wear my hair flatironed...too much work and not so great for the condition of my hair.
This was just toooo easy...I'll try to be good:look:
Wow! Your hair looks beautiful. Hmmm...my roller setting game is so NOT on point (I haven't tried in years and just thinking about starting makes me tired). I might look into flat ironing. Which flat iron did you use, Braided Beauty?

Last edited:
Wow! Your hair looks beautiful. Hmmm...my roller setting game is so NOT on point (I haven't tried in years and just thinking about starting makes me tired). I might look into flat ironing. Which flat iron did you use, Braided Beauty?

I used the chi. I think it works great, but it does not have a heat control. I know a lot of people don't like that aspect of the chi. I just do one quick pass on a small section of hair and it comes out perfect every time. Never had a problem with heat damage- but like I said before I rarely use it.

Here goes the pic...

Holy Moly your hair looks gorgeous!!:shocked:
I'm not natural but I learned about banding first from Jessy55 (who is natural) although I have not airdried that way yet (and I don't use heat). Your result is amazing!!

BTW, the title of this thread doesn't reveal the nugget of gold in here. Thanks for sharing your picture and technique. :up:

Back