Naturals, who has the simplest reggi............

KrimsonKween

Okay who do u think has the simplest reggi out there.

Daily
No-poo (Suave)
Leave In (Crew)
EVOO
Softsheen Carson Naturally (curl definition)
(hair care in the morning 5 minutes)

Night
EVOO
Water

Monthly
Aphogee protein, moisturizer and oil

Every other day:Cowash with Suave Hemectant or Trader Joe's Conditioner and run Fantasia IC Gel through it
Every day in between, wet the sides and put in a puff

Occasional styling on the weekend like some coils or a fun thing going on in the front

I feel like I should be doing more ,but I've gotten EXTRA lazy:look:

Daily:
Morning:
Spritz
MT on hairline

Night:
MT on scalp
Amla on hairline

Weekly:
Ayurvedic rinse

Every other week:
DC or Henna or Protien & new two week style

winter/spring once a week

Shampoo
2 minute deep condition
leave in conditioner
detangle and style hair

Night
Sleep on satin pillow case

Summer daily
Wash with conditioner
or
wash and style

Night
Sleep on satin pillow case

Conditioner wash and apply my oil/butter mix. Then twist it or braid it. I don't do a thing to it during the week. If I workout, I'll rinse my hair with water.

I don't have a hair schedule beyond that. If my hair startd breaking, then I'll add a protein conditioner to my weekly wash for a few weeks. If i have build up, I add an ACV rinse on wash day.

I can't get myself to do some of these involved routines. I don't like having to mess with my hair on a daily basis, so I don't.

Lys

ME ... muhahaha :grinwink:

1-2x a week: wash, DC, moisturize, airdry in plaits/twists
2x a month: detangle
nightly: slap on bonnet

when i was natural all i did was co-wash (wash an go or ponytail) everyday and let it airdry.

but im no longer natural, so i dont win.. bahh....

What will get to count as simpler, a variety of things done less frequently or the same thing done every day?

mine is pretty easy. My daily is split by work week then weekends.
Daily:
Moisturize (with either ORS carrot oil or vitamin E oil)
Style/detangle (either in bun or puff with a scarf)

Weekly
Shampoo and DC (ORS creamy aloe and hair mayo)

I might straighten once or twice a month depending on how busy I'll be at work

Daily I rinse and apply coconut oil. Two or three weeks later (lazy :look:) I decide to use shampoo and style...then back to daily rinsing and oiling.

Main style: shrunken fro
- daily : Rinse w/ water, finger comb, oil ends, air dry
-weekly: Shampoo, detangle w/ wide tooth comb, leave-in conditioner, oil scalp, air dry
- monthly: henna

Ok here I go lol
Daily
Cowash with cheapy condish without rinsing it all out

Weekly
Wash once a week and deep condish after

I've gotten to the point to where I refuse to do anymore~

I think my regi is pretty simple...

DC and detangle once a week or once every two weeks

Clarify once a month

Aphogee treatment four times a year

Moisturize and seal daily

That's it. :look:

How r u ladies moisturizing daily? Do you just spits with water and then oil? Simple is what you do daily and or weekly. Some nautrals have twenty different products that they use daily and then wrap and use protective styles and massage and thirty different vitamins for hair growth and Lord have mercy.

My thing is I thought that if I did not moisturize with something that said moisturizer and used a leave-in and then oil my curls would some how go away:grin:. I guess water is my daily best moisturzer:lachen: also what r your staple products that you swear by and nothing else. I have so many eos, moisturizers, curl definers, castle soap, baking soda, condishes, shampoos and on and on and on...........:spinning::drunk::look:

How r u ladies moisturizing daily? Do you just spits with water and then oil?

I spritz every morning - water, humectant, SAA, some sort of conditioner, all mixed in a small spray bottle.

Staples? Henna. Shealoe Butter. Food. :lol: Mega-Tek. SAA. Honeyquat. And the Ayurvedic herbs/powders.

Once a week I co-wash, DC, do a ACV rinse, apply leave-in and moisturizer (shea butter on hair and moisturize my ends with coconut and papaya hair butter).

Once a month I clarify with Baking Soda.

Daily I spray vegetable glycerine mix, moisturize my ends with coconut and papaya hair butter, a lil gel, and twist my hair up at night.

Forgot to add that i air dry my hair in twists

Last edited:
Do you ever have problems with matting or tangling when you wash without detangling?

No. If I have my hair in braids/twists, I just wash it; no need to detangle afterwards. I save wearing my hair is loose for the week closer to my detangling day.

I can only do this method for two weeks at a time or I'll DEFINITELY get matting and tangling.:nono:

Ah, I remember the simple days. I would just wash, condition, and detangle once a week. Then I might put some Pink Lotion on it, or some Dark n Lovely Almond (mostly mineral oil) spray or if times were tough, my body lotion. :ohwell: Actually, my hair wasn't that bad. I had never heard the term "deep condition" or "clarify" or "cowash" or "seal". Maybe it's time to go back, cuz for all this stuff I'm doing, my hair doesn't really seem to be in any better condition. At this point I feel like the main reason I'm doing all this stuff is psychological.

How r u ladies moisturizing daily? Do you just spits with water and then oil? Simple is what you do daily and or weekly. Some nautrals have twenty different products that they use daily and then wrap and use protective styles and massage and thirty different vitamins for hair growth and Lord have mercy.

My thing is I thought that if I did not moisturize with something that said moisturizer and used a leave-in and then oil my curls would some how go away:grin:. I guess water is my daily best moisturzer:lachen: also what r your staple products that you swear by and nothing else. I have so many eos, moisturizers, curl definers, castle soap, baking soda, condishes, shampoos and on and on and on...........:spinning::drunk::look:

Water IS the best moisturizer!! :grinwink: I honestly just use water and oil (and don't have to moisturize daily). Safflower oil is my staple oil and gets the job done for me these days. I used to use shea butter but haven't had a need for it lately.

Daily:
apply oil or grease lightly, fluff my afro hair and go

Night:
put my afro hair into a loose puff and go to sleep

Every 2 weeks:
wash, condition, detangle, and blowdry into a fluffy fro

You guys r the bomd. I am learning so much from just the simple reggies. I thought I had to do all of this stuff and wash daily.:lachen: keep it coming yall cause I know we is helping someone else cause yall sho is helping me.................:lachen::lachen::grin:

Back