Naturals who flat iron how long do you keep it that way?

I guess I am not the norm:( I wash after a couple days. I cannot keep dirty hair or my hair sheds more.

I have a gone a week once and my head itched like crazy. I used Vatika oil to help with the shedding.

Yet, I will say that if I still want straight hair I just do a conditioner wash and then run a flat iron over it. The conditioner does not convert the hair as much as if you used shampoo. It is the only way I can survive.

I wear my hair straight for two weeks then wash, I don't exercise that often and don't live in a high humidity area so I can't help on those issues.

OnAHairQuest said:
4 days max

I feel you! I JUST flat-ironed my hair sunday afternoon to get it dusted and I am ITCHING to get in the shower and throw some DC up in my hair! Why? Not because it looks bad and it doesn't smell dirty but b/c y'all have me all paranoid about the use of heat and I think I'm going to freak out during the day at work when I feel my straight hair rubbing against the back of my shirt collar.

I am trying to make it til thursday b4 Greys Anatomy (which is when I normally DC) but I think I may cave in tomorrow.

Bmoreflyygirl, I say keep it in as long as you can stand it. As long as you are keeping everything in good condition you should be ok, RIGHT? But if it is smelling like how hair/scalp smells when it's time for braids to come out you better go wash...not cute and you know it! lol

I keep it straight 5-7 days. Any longer and my scalp itches like crazy. I don't do much exercising while it's straight.

malachi74 said:
Bmoreflyygirl, I say keep it in as long as you can stand it. As long as you are keeping everything in good condition you should be ok, RIGHT? But if it is smelling like how hair/scalp smells when it's time for braids to come out you better go wash...not cute and you know it! lol

I think my scarf must have been dirty or something. It wasn't the fall bc that was brand new out the pack. I just washed it about an hour ago though. I couldn't take it anymore.

Back