naturals who do their own twists....

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
What do you do to the ends?

I was playing around with my hair and am thinking about dong my own twists but the ends of my hair were all fuzzy or whateve.r...what do you do to them? What do you put on them?

I use a curl activator gel on my ends, it helps keep them moisturized and from unraveling. The one I have has aloe vera and glycerin in it.

I would suggest using a creamy type setting lotion, I do my own all the time, they don't unravel at all and only get fuzzy if I don't tie my hair up at night...

My hair takes about 2 hours total. I use Asha's Mane Attraction on wet or dry hair and just twist. The ends stay together. I actually use a satin wrap cap at night and just let the shower steam them in the morning. I don't have problems with fuzzy ends or them coming apart.

You can put perm rods on the ends to make a little spiral curl. Maybe this will keep the ends from unraveling.

When I first started doing twists I was worried about them unraveling and would spray a little holding spray on the ends. Then I "progressed" to using a fine tooth comb to comb the end around my finger, like finger or comb coils. Now afer I get to the end of the twist i just take the bottom part and keep twirling it till its smooth, it just takes a few seconds. I sometimes add a little extra curl activator. I know now they normally wont unravel unless I have too much of oil type products in my hair. Lately I've been using just curl activator and giovanni leave in.

hum i dont know how long it takes i do them in front of the tv on wet hair just washed i put first Wondergro Max shea butter mega moisture all over the head and divide the parts and when i finished i put some of it on the ends and it does not unravel

http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/

Thank you for posting this thread. I am working on perfecting my twists. I'm almost there.....almost..... :lol:

i just twirl the ends around my finger and they curl up. sometimes i might put a little conditioner or vitamin e gel on the ends for moisture.

if i do fat twists it takes less than an hour....if i do smaller twists it may take anywhere from 5 to 7 hours. the smaller they get the longer it takes.

I use EVOO and Pantene Frizz-Control Treatment on the entire length of my hair when twisting. It takes me about 3-4 hours to twist (not including washing and conditioning).

I find that twists on dry hair don't unravel with or without a product on the end. A lil shea butter won't hurt though. I went short again so two strand twists are months away.

off topic - prittigul, your hair grows really fast!

and mkstar - i swear my 17 year (OOPS 17 MONTH) old is gonna grow up to look just like you!!! same mouth and eyes!

I usually twist my hair with a little beeswax, but when I twist my hair just coils at the ends by it self. I sleep with a satin cap on and depending on the size of the twist it can take me up to 5 hours.

patient1 said:
I find that twists on dry hair don't unravel with or without a product on the end. A lil shea butter won't hurt though. I went short again so two strand twists are months away.

off topic - prittigul, your hair grows really fast!

and mkstar - i swear my 17 year (OOPS 17 MONTH) old is gonna grow up to look just like you!!! same mouth and eyes!

You relaly think so? I was just looking at it a minute ago and was like WOW cuz a year ago my relaxed hair was about this length....give or take a fraction of an inch or two. My hair has really been flourishing! I had a LTO of hair when I BCd!

Back