naturals: Which weave for sew-ins?

Freespirit02

I'm thinking about doing a sew-in..but i want a weave that i can blend in without having to flat ironing my real hair. My hair is for 4a..i think..:grin::grin::grin:

halleys curls has a natural type hair that i think youll like. Im going to be trying it next. I'm 4a also and I too am tired of doing straight hair weaves and having to blend.
Here's a pic

MissNatural

You might want to check out Bohyme Brazilian Wave (BoBraz) or some of the Halley's Curl collections. I know Halley's Curl Natural is 4a/b in texture. BoBraz is more 3c-ish -- I wore it this past summer and it blended beautifully with my hair. I know lots of 4a girls that wear it and have no issues with blending.

I used the BoBraz mentioned above and loved the look...it shed too much for my taste even with sealing. I rocked it for 9.5 weeks. So, I will either do that again with heavy duty sealing or HCCC (Halley's Curls Creole Curly).

AAMH has a cute kinky curly that I have been eyeing, but it may be too kinky for me.

Here are some options:

Bohyme Brazillian Wave
Halleys Curl Natural or Creole Curly
All About My Hair Kinky Curly
Indique Organic Curl
Lanik's Kinky Curly

There's a thread full of kinky curly installs with specs and pictures over at BHM. You may want to check that out.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my AAMH (All About My Hair) Kinky Curly. I'll try to come back in and post a pic later.

I used BoBraz this summer and I sealed so it didn't shed at all but weeks 8-12 were a mess when it came to the tangling, it was beautiful but my the AAMH will be reusable so it wins in my book

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. I ordered samples of Halley's Natural and It looks just like the picture with waves. I am on the fence because I have spirals and waves - the spirals are around the perimeter of my scalp but the waves behind that. However, the Creole Curl matches around the edges but not the inside. So I was wondering if I could combine them.

No leave out is a good idea but I'll be doing it myself (never wore or installed a weave before but I've been studying) and don't quite know how to do a curly install without a leave out. Don't I have to blend the closure? I thought that I would have to blend the closure since I would not be glueing it down.

If you are 4A AAMH I have heard is a good match for 4A hair also Halleys Curls natural. Bobraz is more is more of a wavey loose 3C pattern.

Ladies, can any of you vouch for this Halley's Curl natural one like the one Nichi posted? Man, it hotter than a mug out here and Texas and wearing my own natural hair is starting to become a chore. Can you use heat with this type of hair? Remy means human hair I'm assuming....Loving the pics of this hair.

I'm thinking about getting the HC natural.....but I've heard so many bad reviews but I will make the decision for myself....I just hope it blends with my mostly 4b!

I love, love, love bobraz! I"ve been rocking that this summer and continue for the fall. It sheds like crazy but I don't care. I will buy it again and again.

I have Halley's Curls Creole curly. It is very pretty but it is very big. I have the 12". I attempted to install it last week but took it down mid way through because I wasn't ready to rock such big hair. I'll save it for next summer. I chose to put my bobraz back in since it's easier for me to maintain and control. And since it's longer, I can pull it into buns and ponytails.

Bobraz, if you want something cheaper Model Model Afro Curl works well. I have used jerry curl hair that I combed out with a paddle brush to make it blend.

I want to try that hair but I want to hear reviews on the hair also.

I also want to try manedepot relaxed waves with a closures so I don't have to blend my hair cuz that is too much work.

Last edited:
Back