Naturals....what products makes your hair soft?

Sexyred

I have about 7-8 inches of 4a/b natural hair when it is wet it is so soft but after it dries sometimes it is hard:wallbash:. I want my hair to be softer and not have that hard feeling. I tried search feature but it is not working. So to all my naturals what products do you use to make or leave your hair soft after drying? and if you have a technique/regimen that gives soft kinky curly hair after drying then please share. TIA

I make a mix w/ shea, aloe gel, castor oil, and coconut oil. I whip it until it's fluffy. I've found this to be the 1 thing that keeps my hair nice, soft, and moisturized.

with colored hair my hair can get dry dry dry
i use Oyin's juices and berries or frank juice
mixed with ashas sun kissed pomade.
my hair actually gets too soft with this combo so I cant use this everynight and i alternate with just plain water.
i braid dry hair at night

my hair is usually a little drier the day after i wash no matter what and it takes to days to get back to my prefered softness and moisture.

on wet hair -wash and gos I use miss jessies baby cream that keeps my hair moist ALL day and in the morning for a second day wash and go i will just activate with a little more miss jessies. I dont use water because then I will become a frizzy mess....

I make a mix w/ shea, aloe gel, castor oil, and coconut oil. I whip it until it's fluffy. I've found this to be the 1 thing that keeps my hair nice, soft, and moisturized.

I HAVE TO TRY THIS -
my hair loves shea but with water can i add water to this???

It all depends...These products or a combination of them make my hair soft on different days I'm 4b natural:

Castor Oil
Long Aid Curl Activatior Gel
Glycerin and Water
Vatika Oil
Left in VO5 conditioner
ACV Rinses
African Royale BRX Braid Spray

Thanks for the responses. oooop2 how long does your hair stay moisturized? because your mix sounds really good I just don't want to have to moisturize my hair every single day, I would rather every other day or so.

I have about 7-8 inches of 4a/b natural hair when it is wet it is so soft but after it dries sometimes it is hard:wallbash:. I want my hair to be softer and not have that hard feeling. I tried search feature but it is not working. So to all my naturals what products do you use to make or leave your hair soft after drying? and if you have a technique/regimen that gives soft kinky curly hair after drying then please share. TIA

All the poster gave you great suggestions, so I will just tack on to what they said.
For me it's about the entire routine. I do clarify once per month. This helps keep my scalp clean, clear and keeps my products working.

I also conditioner wash daily in the summer, and 3-4 times per week in the fall/spring/winter. This DEFINITELY helps me keep my hair soft.

I also use a leave-in as needed. My leave in consists of castor oil, suave coconut conditioner. I find this keeps my hair soft for days. Or I will use Giovanni leave-in mixed with castor oil.

I use also a leave-in spray which is stay-so-fro gold (it's has glycerin which is a humectant,it draws moisture from the air into your hair) suave coconut conditioner, rosemary,tea tree, lavander essential oils, mixed into distilled water. This I use daily to "revive" my hair in the am before work, and at night before bed. This has kept my hair EXTREAMLY soft. hth! :)

For me it's about making sure there is no buildup and residue left in the hair. I like a glycerin based moisturizer and castor oil. Lately I've been using SCurl and castor oil and my hair dries nice and soft.

karen's body beautiful. the hair milk mixed with the butter or cream. the hair nectar as a daily moisturizer.

There really was no one product that made my hair soft - it was a gradual process that's happened over the last year or so. I really think that what's contributed to it was keeping my hair ULTRA moisturized - with water/humectant based products, and then sealing with light butters (Oyin's Whipped Pudding is one of my faves).
Even now, I can tell when my hair NEEDS a moisture boost (on top of the daily moisturizing that I do) because it will start to feel less than soft.

After washing it, I put Carol's Daughter Hair Butter on my wet hair and twist it up and then air dry it. Nothing else that I've used makes my hair that soft when it's dry. The softness and shine last for about 2-3 days.

jojoba oil
sweet almond oil
coconut oil
shea butter mixes
Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk
Qhemet's Olive Cream Conditioner & Detangler
Qhemet's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm

I use the (infamous) Giovanni Direct then I seal with a shea butter & emu oil blend. (more moisturizing)

-or-

I use Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding/Meringue and seal with the Baby Buttercreme. (better curl definition)

I LOVE using higher end "cheapie" conditioners as leave-ins. Have for years natural, relaxed, and texlaxed. :grin:

I have tons of reviews for good ones in my drugstoer review album. Right now I'm loving Dove's Shine and Frizz Therapy Conditioner line. Check my fotki for more details.

HTH!

Thanks everyone for the replies....keep them coming this is good information. I think I am going to try Qhemet biologic products haven't made up my mind which one as yet and also redkin all soft I read good reviews about that and the shealoe butter recipe.

I only moisturize on wash days (1-2x a week). The products that make my hair soft:

- Honey & Olive oil (mixed with Coconut oil & LustraSilk Shea Cholesterol) for DC
- V05 on lazy wash days when I don't DC
- Water
- Safflower Oil

:grinwink:

leave in's applied while hair is wet will leave it soft. I also pre-poo with a cheapie conditioner mixed with sweet almond oil and i let that sit on my hair for about an hour (w/plastic cap) and then I rinse out and precede to shampoo.

any water based moisturizer gets the job done for me.

I co wash daily with hair mayonnaise, burts bees or all soft

If I wash my hair.

I prepoo with aphogee essential oils
shampoo with my own mixture of castille soap and glycerine
OR
Shampoo with soyagen makeover shampoo (forget the maker Peter something??)

Then I ACV rinse

Deep conditioner with either Oilve Oil restructuring pack or Umberto's hair mask

Rinse with ACV

After washing or pre-pooing I put my own mixture of shea butter, a bit of coconut oil and alovera on my hair.

OR you can use a commercial product called Ashea. its made in my area so easy to find. but you can google, ashea and maryland and their website should pop up.

My hair loves shea nad coconut. i use the aloe vera to help the mixture keep better.

If you like cones for the slip silky feeling coconut oil will give you that, just remember a little goes a long way.

ORS carrot oil
ORS Olive oil lotion sealed with oil
Coconut oil
Castor oil
Vatika oil
Fekkai Glossing cream
S Curl activator spray
Using a leave-in, moisturizing, and sealing on wet/damp hair.

I HAVE TO TRY THIS -
my hair loves shea but with water can i add water to this???

Sorry for the delayed response.

I know you can't add water to the mix as it will prevent it from fluffying. However, I tend to sprayed my hair w/ water, then applying my mix and it works well.

While my hair is still damp, I applying my mix throughout then twist. Once twisted, I cover w/ a mositurizer lock satin cap. By doing this, I can go about 2-3 days w/out adding more mix to my hair, and my hair remains nice and soft. But I normally lightly spray w/ hair w/a glycerin-water mix in the morning, and add a small amount of mix t/o my hair.

Thanks for the responses. oooop2 how long does your hair stay moisturized? because your mix sounds really good I just don't want to have to moisturize my hair every single day, I would rather every other day or so.

I tend to moisturize my hair daily out of habit. But I use the same mix on my daughters hair and it last about 3 days on them w/out needing more applied. But I do initially apply on damp hair.

i'm alot like the other posters:

ORS Hair Mayonnaise
ORS Repleneshing Paks
*Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil Hair Lotion w/Shea (glycerin-based)
*Sta Sof Fro
African Royale BRX Braid Spray
*Castor Oil

Back