Naturals what product for super softness?

brandy

Please tell me what product(s) gave you super softness, easy to comb hair? (shampoo,conditioner, detangler , leave in or styling product) and please please list the ingredients.
Thank you in advance.

Elast QP Mango butter did it for me. I'm too lazy to go get the jar for the ingredients, though.:lol:

But once I noticed that eating ground flaxseed regularly helps to keep my hair soft, I haven't touched the Mango Butter.

balisi said:
Elast QP Mango butter did it for me. I'm too lazy to go get the jar for the ingredients, though.:lol:

But once I noticed that eating ground flaxseed regularly helps to keep my hair soft, I haven't touched the Mango Butter.

Thanks for responding.

Please keep responding, I'm a bit desperate. Thanks.

For moisterized softness:
Suave humectant conditioner (for conditioner washing and as a leave in)
Karite Conditioner (green jar) is really good)
Everyone and their mother raves about Elucence Moisturizing Conditioner
I'm thinking of trying a conditioner made of one banana and one avocado (blended and strained)

For fortified softenss:
try prepooing on dry hair the light protein and a lubricant- like Aubrey GPB or Nexxus Keraphix, or Mane n Tail Conditioner with some olive oil and honey or making a prepoos with mayo, olive oil and an egg
For detangling softness & pliabiltiy:
Pantene light conditioning spray
Biolage detangling spray

For leave in softness:
Shea Butter is great for softness
S-Curl
Nexxus Humectress mixed with coconut oil

kristina said:
For moisterized softness:
Suave humectant conditioner (for conditioner washing and as a leave in)
Karite Conditioner (green jar) is really good)
Everyone and their mother raves about Elucence Moisturizing Conditioner
I'm thinking of trying a conditioner made of one banana and one avocado (blended and strained)

For fortified softenss:
try prepooing on dry hair the light protein and a lubricant- like Aubrey GPB or Nexxus Keraphix, or Mane n Tail Conditioner with some olive oil and honey or making a prepoos with mayo, olive oil and an egg
For detangling softness & pliabiltiy:
Pantene light conditioning spray
Biolage detangling spray

For leave in softness:
Shea Butter is great for softness
S-Curl
Nexxus Humectress mixed with coconut oil

Whaoo! Thanks.

Please keep the responding please.

For me Qhemet Biologics Heavy Cream & Olive Detangler, they keep my hair moist and soft all day long and sometimes I don't have to add product the next day.

Also Aloe Vera Gel mixed with Curl activator keeps my hair soft too, I got that some where on this board in the recipe section.

I am not natural (:look:) but a close friend is and she swears by Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle rose. She wears a fro, and when she washes she sections her hair into four and puts the AO on her hair while dry. By the time she gets in the shower she wets it and with a large detangling comb, she combs it through. I actually have some too and it smells so good and helps me out with 12 weeks of new growth.:grin:

Last edited:
Luster's S Curl No Drip Activator Moisturizer :up:

I don't know about a shampoo or conditioner giving me softness.

One other thing that gives my hair softness is Blue Magic grease... it's weird that it gives my hair softness, especially when stretched out, but it does! :weird:

butters--mango or shea

ao and giovanni together worked for 2 weeks but this week something happened, maybe i need to clarify?

this is gonna sound crazy, but i used aphogee treatment the other day and my hair was soft and fluffy after i rinsed:eek: but then i conditioned with gpb and all hell broke loose. my hair has too much protein right now. i guess. but i recommend butters for softness. they work every time:D

I'm an S-curl "No-drip Formula" girl, too. I think now it's supposed to be bad for your hair. I don't know. I can't keep up. So I use it anyway and it's nice and soft!

Poohbear said:
Luster's S Curl No Drip Activator Moisturizer :up:

I don't know about a shampoo or conditioner giving me softness.

One other thing that gives my hair softness is Blue Magic grease... it's weird that it gives my hair softness, especially when stretched out, but it does! :weird:

i second the s curl. one of the few things that softens my coarse 4b hair. and jane carters deep conditioner/ treatment. i made a thread about it before. it made my hair so soft after i sat with it under the dryer. i blow dried my hair so i cant say how it worked once my hair was dry cuz heat dries my hair out anyway.

Last edited:
I use humectress conditioner as a leave in which combats hard hair and a tangled mess. I also use Pantene light spray conditioner detangler for combouts.

S-Curl spray with some water added. I have tried Stay soft fro (this works not as good as s-curl), Qhemet heavy cream, Shea and Shealoe butter, other homehame concoctions, and Giovani Direct leave in. Out of these S-Curl won hands down hair is soft all day long. Sometimes I seal it with some Nassab Shea Butter.

Aphogee Moisture Max - You're supposed to use it after the protein treatment but I put some in my regular conditioner. This helps me flat iron my hair without needing to use the pressing comb.

Natural 4a/b

Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner
Butters (macadamia nut butter, hemp butter, etc.)
vegetable glycerine + rose water

Universal Bomba leave-in left my hair amazing...but for every day softness I use Jamaican Mango and Lime Leave-in on dry hair followed by an oil or butter.

Jamaican Mango & Lime Cactus Leave in (Rasta Lock and Twist brand)
Curls Pure Essentials Moisturizer
CD Healthy Hair butter or pure Shea butter
Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 Miracle Worker
Coconut, Advocado, and jojoba oils
Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner
Paul Mitchell the Conditioner

shampoo-elucence mb
cond- elucence mb
protein cond- giovianni nutrafix reconstructor
leave in- giovianni
style aids-qhemet amla &olive oil heavy cream, sidr tree butter balm, scurl, and jamaican mango&lime castor leave.

shampoo- elucence moisture benefits
conditioner - elucence moisture balancing
deep conditioner - aurbery organics GPB (protein) & honeysuckle rose
leave in - elucence mb
moisture - qhemet sidr tree butter balm, asha's heavenly hair pudding, asha's mane attraction, jane carter nourish & shine, qhemet honeybush tea gel, oyin whipped pudding
spray - oyin greg juice

I use these in varied combos...but always end up with ridicolously soft, defined hair

So happy I know what works now

Deniece said:
shampoo- elucence moisture benefits
conditioner - elucence moisture balancing
deep conditioner - aurbery organics GPB (protein) & honeysuckle rose
leave in - elucence mb
moisture - qhemet sidr tree butter balm, asha's heavenly hair pudding, asha's mane attraction, jane carter nourish & shine, qhemet honeybush tea gel, oyin whipped pudding
spray - oyin greg juice

I use these in varied combos...but always end up with ridicolously soft, defined hair

So happy I know what works now

hi,
do you mind telling me how exactly you use these in your routine?
thanks in advance,
tishee

tishee said:
hi,
do you mind telling me how exactly you use these in your routine?
thanks in advance,
tishee

I wash my hair with elucence shampoo.....then apply aubrey GPB to damp hair and comb through...I then put aubrey Honeysuckle rose mostly on ends...
I usually just put on a shower cap for 30 min - to an hour ....but I recently read something about plant proteins needing oxygen...but then I rinse it out w/ lukewarm/slightly cold water...then put on my elucence moisture benefits for about 5-10 mins..then rinse out a lil

Sometimes I put the conditioner on first while my hair is dry before I shampoo..but I didn't see any big difference...so it just depends on my mood

Back