Naturals what product for super softness?

Pre-poo Treatment: Aubreys GBP with VCO & Honey
Conditioner: Aubreys HSR
Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave in
Styling Product: Anita Grant's whipped butter

rosalindb said:
Pre-poo Treatment: Aubreys GBP with VCO & Honey
Conditioner: Aubreys HSR
Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave in
Styling Product: Anita Grant's whipped butter

AWESOME looking regimen rosalindb! Do you mind telling me how you like the AG's whipped butter? Is it heavy at all? Could it be used in the summer months in your opinion? Again, awesome regimen

Also, how long do you let the gpb remain on your hair? Do you use heat w/it? What is VCO?

Daily conditioner washing pretty much keeps my hair soft all the time. I use conditioners by Tresemme' for my co's. I also make a point of not using moisturizers or butters with petroleum as an ingredient. Petroleum dries out my hair like crazy.

tishee said:
AWESOME looking regimen rosalindb! Do you mind telling me how you like the AG's whipped butter? Is it heavy at all? Could it be used in the summer months in your opinion? Again, awesome regimen

Also, how long do you let the gpb remain on your hair? Do you use heat w/it? What is VCO?

Hi Tishee

Anita Grant whipped butter is amazing and it is very light and leaves my hair feeling really soft. I have been using it for several months and plan to use it throughout the summer. I buy the lemon sponge cake scented butter.

She has now launched a sample pack containing: Whipped Butter, Creamy Cafe Latte (I also want to try this), Rhassoul Condish (I use this once a month - leaves my hair feeling really soft and nourished) and you also get a lippy pucker (chocolate one is divine)
https://anitagrant.com/index.php?pa...27&category_id=7&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=41

VCO is Virgin Coconut Oil. I leave the GBP/VCO & Honey mixture on for approximately 30 mins and sit under the dryer.

I am really trying to take care of my hair and now only use natural products and am just trying to keep my regime as simple as possible.

Last edited:
rosalindb said:
Hi Tishee

Anita Grant whipped butter is amazing and it is very light and leaves my hair feeling really soft. I have been using it for several months and plan to use it throughout the summer. I buy the lemon sponge cake scented butter.

She has now launched a sample pack containing: Whipped Butter, Creamy Cafe Latte (I also want to try this), Rhassoul Condish (I use this once a month - leaves my hair feeling really soft and nourished) and you also get a lippy pucker (chocolate one is divine)
https://anitagrant.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=27&category_id=7&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=41

VCO is Virgin Coconut Oil. I leave the GBP/VCO & Honey mixture on for approximately 30 mins and sit under the dryer.

I am really trying to take care of my hair and now only use natural products and am just trying to keep my regime as simple as possible.

thanks SO much rosalinbd! off to her site!

balisi said:
Elast QP Mango butter did it for me. I'm too lazy to go get the jar for the ingredients, though.:lol:

But once I noticed that eating ground flaxseed regularly helps to keep my hair soft, I haven't touched the Mango Butter.

Balisi and Brandy: Here's the information on the Elasta QP Mango Butter. Hope this helps.

Mango Butter Moisturizer For Intensive Treatments by Elasta QP

Price: $5.49 4.0 oz (Walgreen's online)

• Moisturizing Butters of Mango and Cocoa produce this intensely rich thermal protecting treatment.
  • Olive and Coconut Oils target dry ends and help prevent damage.
Instructions

Apply daily to target dry ends and prevent breakage.
Use Mango Butter after application of breakage control serum.

Ingredients

Purified Water Aqua , Squalane Olive Oil Derived , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Coconut Oil Derived , PEG-75 Lanolin , Behntrimonium Methosulfate , Hexadecanol , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceterareth-20 , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Mangifera Indica Seed Butter Mango , Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter Cocoa , Hydrolyzed Silk , Serica , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Fragrance , FD&C Yellow #5 CI 19140

Here's the link from Walgreens:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100652&id=prod383135

My cousin LOVES this and won't be without it. Although I haven't tried it, she and her younger sisters are having wonderful results with it.

My personal regimes for softness:
  1. A pre-shampoo mixture of equal amounts (2 oz. each) of Castor Oil, Olive Oil and a few drops of Vitamin E Oil. I just mix it and apply it to my hair; wrap in plastic and a towel for a few hours and wash it out. Ooooo, so soft and silky...
  2. A pure honey rinse. I just smooth 1/4 cup of honey in my hair after washing and conditioning; let it sit while I bath or shower. Rinse it out with warm water...hair is soft as silk.;)
Blessings Ladies...:)

I use homemade shea butter mixed with cocoa butter and some grapeseed oil. I also add a splash of glycerin as a humectant into the mix and apply to my damp hair. I tried the mango butter and it made my hair a bit dry, also the S-curl left my hair feeling a bit chalky/gummy which too much glycerin can do sometimes. I’m trying to use natural products but elasta qps recovery oil moisturiser works wonders on dry (as opposed to wet) hair.

CWC regimen:

Light protein on dry hair (nature's gate keratin or sally's aussie 3 min miracle (no cones)

Wet hair slightly, then shampoo (very diluted (I cover the bottom of a 10 oz bottle of shampoo with shampoo, then fill with tap water) avalon organics lavender, paul mitchell tea tree (sally's))

Then prolonged conditioner/detangle (Suave Color care, Trader Joe's Nourish, La Coupe Colour Reserve, Old Herbal Essences fruit fusions (for dry hair))

Leave ins: Qhemet's amla and olive cream, asha's main attraction, or homemade whipped shea butter/coconut oil/castor oil

Between washes, I use a aloe based spritz (also contains an oil, suave coconut conditioner and an EO (whatever I am feeling at the moment)). It's sealed in with castor oil. Seldom, I conditioner wash with suave coconut.

Monthly henna treatments :)

I love being able to wet my hair without worrying about how it will look. I also am free to be unique. When I was permed, I would wear the average hair styles that I saw many others wear. I make my own trend now. I am so much more comfortable.

For leave in softness my favs are MOP leave in, Giovanni Direct, Curls Milkshake, Elucence MBC and Blended Cutie soft swirls and curls.

My favorite conditioners are Elucence, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Biolage Conditioning Balm, DevaCurl One C for great detangling, and Aubrey Organics Island Naturals

My favorite mositurizing poos are DevaCurl Low Poo, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo, and Abba Nourishing

Back