Naturals: what moisturizer are you using while your hair is straightened?

Libra08

Hey ladies! So I've decided to wear my natural hair straight by roller setting for a few months, and I need some recs for a moisturizer that I could use on my ends that won't cause reversion. I've been using Giovanni direct leave in and sealing with Shea butter, but my ends still feel pretty dry. I'm thinking something creamier may be better? Please leave your suggestions. Thanks!

Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer and GSO while straightened.

ETA: A lot of natural ladies use serums on their ends when it's straight.
Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:
What moisture does your regimen entail in the conditioning process?

I really don't have a need for moisturizer while my hair is straight because I prep by deep conditioning with an oil concoction mixed into my DC and leave on for an extended period of time.

I avoid everything but light oils and serums to keep away reversion and weighing the hair down.

My fave oil while straightened is jojoba oil. Light and actually penetrates. If my hair poofs a lil bit I just run some jojoba on frizzy areas, tie it up and the next day it's nice soft and luxurious.
I apply very sparingly to my ends and last couple inches to avoid the stick straight greasy look. HATE that lol.

The serum I use is John Freida Frizz-Eaze Thermal protection serum. It's to use while using your heat appliances but can be applied to finished hair too.

Last edited:
I don't moisturise I just have a really good deep condition and it keeps my hair silky/ shiny/ soft and moisturised all week.

Back