Naturals, what makes your curls pop?

nothing makes my curls pop more than a ACV rinse and some curly pudding at first i thought currly pudding was a waste of money then my hair grew out some and that stuff is the issh for my 4ab hair

kinchen said:
nothing makes my curls pop more than a ACV rinse and some curly pudding at first i thought currly pudding was a waste of money then my hair grew out some and that stuff is the issh for my 4ab hair
My version of the curly pudding is some Fantasia IC gel and Suave Milk and Honey and tha makes my hair pop like corn lol lol

When I CW with pantene hydrating curls conditioner or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, my curls seem more pronounced. I want to try the mixed girls leave-in and products from blendedbeauty.com

so1913 said:
Fantasia IC with sparkel lites.
Co signing.
But what really pronounces my curls is cold water. After washing and conditioning my hair I do the final rinse out with cold water - that defines my mini spirals beautifully:)

What is the trick with the Fantasia IC gel? Are you all applying it on soaking wet hair, rubbing it in, or applying it section at a time?

Btw, great replies, keep 'em coming!

Soaking wet hair is definitely the way for me, for whatever I want to apply. My favorite coil-defining product is discontinued :( so I'm holding on to my half-a-bottle for dear life. Maybe I'll try the Fantasia IC gel as it seems to be pretty popular.

What makes my curls pop are:

Wet hair with Giovanni Direct Leave-in, a little Praitel Silk Worm Rinse, and Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Creme Curl & Shine
(this makes it )

Adding Fantaisa gel (about a fingerful) during my CW and rinsing with cool/cold water afterward.

Also adding a leave-in and shaking my hair really helps my curls pop.

The more products added to my hair after the leave-in, the less my curls pop, IME.

what do you use as a leave in
and about how much fantasisa IC
and your hair doesnt tangle or have dryness?

thanks girl i know tons of questions

so1913 said:
Fantasia IC I apply to soaking wet hair over a leave in, finger combing through.

For a ton of curls I wet my hair (plain water), apply a little watery leave in (Biolage Tonic, Infusium, Nexxus Luxxtress... just a thin leave in conditioner) and the I smooth a little coconut or macadamia nut oil over my hair. I let it air dry loose, no smoothing, combing, nothing.

When it's dry I have a load of loose "S" curls. I think the trick is not using anything heavy that will way the hair down and pull the curl out.

jtsupanova said:
My version of the curly pudding is some Fantasia IC gel and Suave Milk and Honey and tha makes my hair pop like corn lol lol
Gonna have to try this! Thank you!!!!!

I put my theory on making my curls/waves pop along with some new pics in my fotki....check them out. :cool: link & pw in profile

EbonyPerez said:
what do you use as a leave in
and about how much fantasisa IC
and your hair doesnt tangle or have dryness?

thanks girl i know tons of questions

I use Devacurl One Conditioner and BBD Stretch as a leave in, I scoop about three fingers full of gel for each section of hair I grab (3 to 4), I have no problem with dryness, and only tangling issues if I too long without detangling.

The PJ is coming out! I was worried that the gel would be drying, I associate the word gel with alcohol--I'm not sure why.

I might have to check this stuff out since it's cheap and people are having such positive results.

EMJazzy said:
I put my theory on making my curls/waves pop along with some new pics in my fotki....check them out. :cool: link & pw in profile

Hey, EMJazzy.... tried to look at your fotki but could not get the link to work. Could you expound on your theory? Thanks a bunch!

jtsupanova said:

What's your recipe? How much of each ingredient? How do you apply?

RelaxerRehab said:
Hey, EMJazzy.... tried to look at your fotki but could not get the link to work. Could you expound on your theory? Thanks a bunch!

I've been taking liquid silica and flaxseed oil gelcaps for about 3 months now in addition to my daily vitamins...my hair is so shiny now with little to no product and I love the waves I have now....I'm gonna put the link to my fotki in my siggy.

I really like CURLS products. The Whipped Cream and the Milkshake are my favs. I also love Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in, Giovanni Direct leave in, and Smooth n Shine Curl Activator Gel.

Back