Naturals--what is your texture PATTERN?

Nice & Wavy said:
I know that I have tighter curls in the crown of my hair and looser, wavier hair in the front, sides and back of my hair. I don't know, maybe someone can give me an idea of what kind of "curl" I do have...I'm not sure sometimes.

Hey Mel :wave:

This post describes my hair almost to a tee - with the exception that my curls at the crown might be a litle coilier. The only way I know this is from past relaxer stretches and completely discontinuing the relaxing of my nape (which is mostly all newgrowth now). I also know from careful examination of the bit of postpartum hairs I've shed over the past few months.

It'll be interesting to see what it looks like once completely transitioned, as I always thought I was 4a/b. Now I would type myself a 3c/4a. It might have something to do with the pregnancy though - I hear it changes your hair sometimes.

HTH,

SG

keluric said:
I have extremely curly/coily hair. S-patterns for days. My curls are loose in the front, even looser at the nape. Above the nape and into the crown, it's tiny little coils.

Sounds like we are hair twins!:) ;)

I'm relaxed, but my texture varies widely. I have looser 3c at the nape and baby straight hair for edges; 4a up from the nape to 4pqrs :lol: in the crown and above ears area. The front is mostly 4b. One reason I could see going natural is to just know my natural hair and really see what it's like. I've been relaxed for so long I don't even know, which in a way is sad I think.

I am fascinated by all the beautiful natural ladies on this board. I may be convinced to transition someday!!

My texture pattern mostly consists of waves, curls and coils.
Looser waves, curls and coils in the front and nape.
Tighter waves, curls and coils in the back and sides.
It's a mixture of 3c/4a basically. :)

Back