**NATURALS** WHAT DO YOU USE TO BLOW YOUR HAIR OUT?

Mandy4610

I really need to find a good way to blowdry/stretche my hair.

What do you ladies use and what is your technique?

I bought this from Sally's (I got the Ion one, but it is basically the same) I am planning to only use the wide toothed attachment.

I am debating whether I should keep it or not.

Please help.

2549-A8322.gif

I broke the teeth on all the combs to my blowdrier like that when I was relaxed. It wouldn't stand up to my natural hair.

I would break alllll the teeth. :lachen:

I use a blowdryer and pink skates tension method. I'm going to start using a hot air brush with natural boar bristles though.

I use a blowdryer and pink skates tension method. I'm going to start using a hot air brush with natural boar bristles though.
I guess that would work if my hair was longer.

I bought a hot air brush with boar bristles too, but decided to take it back. It did not look like it would do a thing for me and it did not get hot enough. Which one are you planning to use?

There is a pic of my dryer in my fotki, it has really big and wide teeth. I blowdry my hair after towel drying using a heat protectant. I had a gold n hot for years and it worked just fine but I had to replace the comb several times a year. If you don't mind that it's not a bad dryer. The dryer I have now has a comb where the teeth kind of bend a little so they don't break.

The one time I did blow dry my hair with a hand dryer (as opposed to a dryer I could sit under) I used aveda smooth infusion and aveda brilliant damage control. I then sectioned my hair in four parts and used a hand dryer with a boar bristle attachment on a low-to-medium setting. I think that was the best my hair has even been with me blow drying it.

I guess that would work if my hair was longer.

I bought a hot air brush with boar bristles too, but decided to take it back. It did not look like it would do a thing for me and it did not get hot enough. Which one are you planning to use?

I have a Babyliss Pro. it works pretty good. If you are going to use a blow dryer with teeth, you should use a blow dryer with a round nozzle and purchase a comb with strong teeth.

I use a Conair Ion Shine (got it onsale at Target) if I blow dry my hair. I use Pinkskates tension method. I have also used the comb attachment on small sections at a time.

I usually air dry in plaits though overnight....

I haven't done this yet on my new hair but I plan to section off and braid my hair and air dry for a while. While still slightly damp, I will take each section down and use the PST method to stretch my hair with an ionic blowdryer and an ionic vented brush.

I'll let ya'll know how that works out for me when I post my pics later this week...

I used to break a lot of combs when I was relaxed.

Now for the first time I feel like i'm learning to take care of my hair.

I'm natural now (somewhere between sholder and APL) and it's easier to dry my hair that it was when I was relaxed!

detangle with poo
work in 4 sections
pinkskates tention method

easier than i could have ever imagined

I recently bought one for $22 at Walmart, SelectProGold, i must say, it works well, i put my temp on low and section 6 plaits, take my time...i'm happy i made the purchase i was gonna buy yours, OP from Sally's. Last week was my first blow out....i didn't get it straight, but i wasn't trying to...

I blow dry my hair on cool using the Pinkskates tension method with my denman. I use my denman to create tension at the roots so they get about 90% straight and I alternate using my hands and the denman the rest of the length because my hands get cramps easily. I used to blow dry on medium or high with the comb attachment and my hair always felt dry and frizzy. But now I get silky, smooth results and my hair feels way more moisturized. I don't know whether it was this new method or the Giovanni Direct Leave In I began using at the same time I tried this method, but it is working wonders for me! My braidouts look so great now, and I rarely have the desire to flat iron! I'm thinking about blow drying using this method and putting some jumbo flexi rods in my hair for a fast rollerset and to see if my hair could get even straighter...

Yeah, I use a boar bristle brush and a regular blow dryer. I keep tension on the hair as I brush and move the dryer down the hair (the dryer in one hand and the brush in the other).

Back