Naturals - What do you do on days when your hair won't do right . . .

Glib Gurl

. . . or say you fell asleep without doing anything to your hair to prep.

What do you do with your hair the next day? (I'm especially interested in answers that don't involve a wig or hat :grin:)

That is the thing that has scared me most about trying to transition . . . with relaxed hair at least, if nothing else, I can just pull it back into a slicked down bun and go about my business. I guess I can still do that now . . . I would just have to wash my hair first.

But yeah, what do you do?

Thanks!

Glib

. . . or say you fell asleep without doing anything to your hair to prep.

What do you do with your hair the next day? (I'm especially interested in answers that don't involve a wig or hat :grin:)

That is the thing that has scared me most about trying to transition . . . with relaxed hair at least, if nothing else, I can just pull it back into a slicked down bun and go about my business. I guess I can still do that now . . . I would just have to wash my hair first.

But yeah, what do you do?

Thanks!

Glib
why, can't you still just wet (with a spray bottle) and smooth?

This has happened to me before. If I go to sleep with out preparation I've had to dry comb my hair with breakage to get it in to a bun that doesn't even look presentable. Now my hair is a bit longer and as long as it has been stretched like the day or something I can get away with putting a sloppy bun on the top of my head; I do this when I come home tipsy.

I wear knit beanie cap and a pair of designer sunglasses. Even though it's hot outside.

NO CAP: I'd wear a messy bun with a stretchy headband.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm just learning about spray bottles. I was using leave-in spray conditioner but it was causing product build up

Just plain water will refresh old hair that already has product on it. I did not mix anything in my water because icky hair would have been the result.

I agree my cork screw phony pony and my good ol Eco styler gel. ... that's what I'm rocking today

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

wig or phony pony. hth

@lamaria211 You're not paying attention! :spank: (And we wonder why we fail simple questions in exams. :giggle: :p )

She wasn't interested in hearing about wigs. I was gonna suggest hats but she didn't want those either. She didn't say headwraps so there is my suggestion. And you can use light or holy ones that don't smother your head.

TBH, if I went to bed w/o putting my hair to sleep properly, I'd need a lot of time to fix the mess I'd be handed in the morning. So there isn't anything but a coverup that would work. I cannot "fix" a problem in my hair w/o making plenty of time for it. The frustration that would come from doing it in little time would lead to a lot of damage. I'd need plenty of time to use the extra TLC needed to fix problems I brought on myself.

Last edited:
puff/pony or bun...or sometimes i'll let it get damp in the shower and smooth some condish on top, squeeze out the extra water, shake and go.

Lol at sitting in the corner and crying
I go with a puff myself that's my go to style even if I prepped my hair and it's not acting right

This is usually what I do because this happens to me a lot because I am NOT a morning person.....

Headband with: a low bun/ high bun/ quick french braid/ two quick french braids (The french braids only work if my hair has already been stretched out (braid out)

Scarf with: a low bun/ high bun

I make sure the accessory is going to outshine the fact that my hair is a little messy that day.

I've been thinking about trying the beanies too.

cowash and put my hair into a puff bun like this. You just make a normal puff. Fold your hair underneath and then secure with hair ties.. I use the top portion of a knee high.
007-1.jpg

I didn't have time to co wash today or wet bun. So I spritzed with water, a little gel and oil and did this style. http://youtu.be/3ky8RUJN0ac
It's a lot neater in sections then trying to pull my thick hair into a bun or puff I'm not happy with.
I can put my scarf around the edges and take off when I arrive at my destination. lol

I've had a few bad hair days with a twa, especially when it started to grow out. I'd massage my hair with some water to soften it up, and shape it with my fingers. Then I'd just go out, and deal with it. Honestly, there's nobody around here that important that I have to look like a model every day.

cowash and put my hair into a puff bun like this. You just make a normal puff. Fold your hair underneath and then secure with hair ties.. I use the top portion of a knee high.
007-1.jpg

^^this but secure the bun with a banana clip horizontally.

Last edited:
Back