Naturals - What do you do on days when your hair won't do right . . .

Like a lot of people have said, I do the messy bun with a big headband that covers almost the whole front of my head. Lol

pin up. my hair is finally long enough that i can just grab random pieces and pin into what looks enough like an updo to pass. even when it was shorter i would apply the same technique... except when it was shorter i had to really stretch my hair to make it somewhat neat and it ended up being a little tight.

pic! it's not award worthy but it works if you're short on time.

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 26
Like a lot of people have said, I do the messy bun with a big headband that covers almost the whole front of my head. Lol
^^This...with an ST bun(southern tease bun). The ST bun is a lifesaver for those days my hair just.won't.work. Or the big headband with a high bun. if i have an old braid out i just pull it into the bun. If I don't I rewet in the shower coat with conditioner (Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in) and pull it into a bun.

Last edited:
My hair is always in twists. So I would revive hair with fresh water or spritz, bun with pony holder, banana clip or updo with hair pins, and then top it off with cute headband and flyy earrings, lol.

I will wet my hair with a spray bottle and slap some gel on the edges and slick it back into a bun. When my hair was shorter I would slick it back into a puff.

I dont too much like anything slicked or pulled tightly, so I do more soft syles:
-Southern Tease Bun
-That new Ninja Bun-I was digging that! (but not for everyday)

Somedays i'll just pile it up and stick pins in it until the shape looks decent, something like African Export here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkud85O9MIA&feature=channel_video_title

I have just been looking up random buns and updos because its soooooo hot, today I'm trying this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCopp3wHTww

Oh!-or a messy french braid or fishtail braid.
(sorry, dont know how to embed vidz!)

Last edited:
For me its not a problem, I wear my hair naturally curly anyway. So I can either co-wash it in the shower, towel dry, apply a little bit of leave-in AND a curl enhancer product then go. I can do this in 15 minutes or less.

OR

I can mist my hair to damp, style with a little moisturizer or curl enhancer then go. Takes 5 minutes or less.

I use the following products: Aveda Damage Remedy Leave-In and Aveda Curl Enhancer.
For moisturizer, Aveda Brilliant Moisturizer or KeraCare Naturals Butter Cream.

Now if I wake up early enough, and have enough time, I will dampen my hair, twist into about 10-15 twists. let it air dry and untwist minutes before I am ready to leave. I have even put a silk scarf over this with a hat to give it more drying time in transit. At work, untwist, fluff and go. Easy peasy.

I love my natural hair. Its straight hair that is more of a pain for me.

Spray with water and clip my hair up in a banana clip twist or braid the ends and pin them under the clip, viola!

Headwraps! I will just give in and wet it in the shower (maybe co-wash, maybe just use water), then I wear it in a low ponytail and put a headwrap over it. I love head wraps. They make a HAM into an elegant style when you add some nice hoop or dangling earrings.

I might do the banana clip puff if my hair has already been stretched and the edges look decent (say after taking down twists or cornrows). But I'd normally rather wet it and keep it protected under something. I almost never wear my hair out.

See, this is the blessing that is natural hair... you don't have to be afraid of water anymore. When it just doesn't do right water is once again your friend. I am quick to wet my hair and do a single french braid or even a regular braid and twist it into a bun.

Also, as stated before wraps are always a life saver.

I will put into a puff or I will wet it add some curl activator and gel and wear a wash n go puff.

I would just do a WNG, or of I didn't have time to co-wash/wash my hair, I would just do a puff and go

Back