Naturals What are

CarefreeinChicago

you doing for your hair for the summer i am at my wits ends with my hair i don't what to flat iron during the summer and i don't want weaves or braids cause i dont like taking them down i was thinking about two strand twist but i have only had them done once and my hair was starting to lock the only stlye i know how to do is a twist out or puff any suggestions oh and i am tired of buns to

i just updated my album it looks like i am at a growth stand stil june o4 was my last perm

Girl, you don't leave us many options. Wash n gos? A wash 'n go pony puff can look real cute.

I'm happy to wear braids and just forgetaboutit! So that's what I'm doing.

Girl, put your hair up in some braids (after washing) take them jokers down when damp the next morning, fluff and go. Repeat the next day. If it looks old, put your hair up in a puff. Girl, works like a charm.

I will be doing the following this summer:

Wash and condition once a week
At night, moisturize and style my hair into two puffs
In the morning, take down puffs, massage my scalp, moisturize my hair, then fluff my hair out with my fingers to form a fluffy fro

I'll be doing braid-outs. My hair doesn't do well with wash and go-s at all, unfortunately!

I am putting my hot comb away and I will be experimenting with Miss Jessie's curly pudding + braid-outs. I may blow dry for special occasions and wear my big flowy afro. (see in siggy)

thanks ladies does any one feel wng's leave there hair tangled chunky twist might be something i can try i am going for scarfs tomorrow

This summer I'll be practicing doing my own hair and avoiding the salons. My styling choices will be straight styles, ponytails (real ones), twist-outs, braid-outs, buns, wigs, and maybe the occasional "natural" aka fro. I think I might experiment with some air-dried styles too. I'm still brainstorming that one though!;)

kinchen said:
thanks ladies does any one feel wng's leave there hair tangled chunky twist might be something i can try i am going for scarfs tomorrow

Absolutely. I could never wear WNGs. I've always envied anyone who could because it's such an easy style.

OT, Meaganita!!! Why am I just only now finding out about your mane??? *drools...swoons*

Nonie said:
OT, Meaganita!!! Why am I just only now finding out about your mane??? *drools...swoons*
Thanks Nonie!!!:p Dang, I didn't know I had a "mane!" Guess I'm movin' on up now? LOL!!:lol:

I am finally going to get some color, I am determined to do it this summer :lol: . Other than that, i'm boring so i'll just be bunning or wearing twists.

kinchen said:

Meee. wng's leave my hair a tangled mess. I'm wearing kinky twist with extensions for a few months, then I'll wear my chunky fro and twist outs.

RelaxerRehab said:
Half-wigs and phony ponys....

OT: RelaxerRehab, I see you have a pic of Jimmy Smits in your siggy. I know him very well. He is the cousin of one of my best friends and everytime she has something, or the family, he comes with his mom and sister and others.

He's very nice, down to earth and tall and handsome.

Just thought I'd let you know that!!!

Nice & Wavy said:
OT: RelaxerRehab, I see you have a pic of Jimmy Smits in your siggy. I know him very well. He is the cousin of one of my best friends and everytime she has something, or the family, he comes with his mom and sister and others.

Yes... I like Jimmy...the artistry and imagery of this photo is SIMPLY AMAZING and makes me like him all the more.... :love: And it's so nice to hear that he's nice!:) Thank you for sharing!

Nice & Wavy said:

Yeah, I noticed that. Jimmy has always been a handsome, well distinguished looking man to me. Plus he a damn good actor too :D.

As for my hair, I haven't done too much to it since I stopped working. I keep it clean and conditioned and I put in a low ponytail secured with either a satin scrunchie or a thick hair barrette. I've gone back to wearing scarves a lot too. One of my friends bought a few for me and they are quite pretty.

Last edited:
kinchen said:
you doing for your hair for the summer i am at my wits ends with my hair i don't what to flat iron during the summer and i don't want weaves or braids cause i dont like taking them down i was thinking about two strand twist but i have only had them done once and my hair was starting to lock the only stlye i know how to do is a twist out or puff any suggestions oh and i am tired of buns to

i just updated my album it looks like i am at a growth stand stil june o4 was my last perm

I'll fifth or sixth the idea for wash n go's, though I'd definitely recommend twists if you're trying to keep it low-manip for the summer months. How long did you keek your twists in before you started to loc?

BTW, you CAN do twists with human hair. You can buy kinky textured human hair that is normally used to make small pixie twists or nubian twists. Who told you you couldn't use human hair?

gloomgeisha said:
I'll fifth or sixth the idea for wash n go's, though I'd definitely recommend twists if you're trying to keep it low-manip for the summer months. How long did you keek your twists in before you started to loc?

BTW, you CAN do twists with human hair. You can buy kinky textured human hair that is normally used to make small pixie twists or nubian twists. Who told you you couldn't use human hair?

the african lady at the braid shop she said you cant two strand twist with human hair that i had

Back