Naturals, what are you currently using as a leave-in?

Beauty Without Cruelty leave in and will be getting some more Giovanni Vitapro Direct Leave in (liquid/spray). First it made my hair hard w/daily use but I was advised to dilute it and that made the difference. I think it was the overdose of oils/soybean protein that was building up on my fine/medium 4a hair.

organic root stimulator green tea leave-in mixed with water. I think i'm the only one who LOVES this stuff

I'ma cheapie too! :grin:

My main style is the wash n go. I use one of three things:

1. Just plain distilled water

or

2. A little bit of Hot 6 Oil

or

3. A little bit of V05 Tea Tree Therapy Conditioner (I LOVE the consistency of this conditioner!)

When I do two strand twists, I use grease.

Last edited:
Aussie's Hair Insurance Leave In conditioner. I've started using this since my QB finished and the HE leave in wasn't cutting it. It wokrs very well

I had to revive this one because I want to know. So what are you ladies using next. Tell me about this Giovanni Direct stuff.

I am loving the Cantu leave-in treatment right now. I'm 9 months into my transition and have been having a problem with dryness. When I used the Cantu it made my hair feel so soft and healthy. I'm fighting the urge to go wash my hair again right now just to play with it (it's only been 2 days).:ohwell:

NOTHING!

Sometimes I use Cantu, but my natural hair HATES leave-ins:ohwell:

Once it gets longer, I'm sure I'll need it

There are some great suggestions here, great thread!:drunk:

I used to use Garnier sleek and Shine but now i have just purchased the sedal leave in the one in the light tan bottle for curly hair.... my plan is to eventually try all the different sedal leave ins and see which one i like best.. so far i havnt had a chance to use it because i also bought the Silicon mix leave in as well and i have been using that instead....

so i guess i am a leave in condish junkie... :drunk:

Leave-ins generally do not work on my hair and I have tried lots (at least 25)different creamy and liquid leave-ins like Lacio-Lacio, Salerm 21, Kids Organics, Black Earth Protective Mist, Elasta H2O, Frizz-Ease Daily Nourishment Fortifying spray, Giovanni Direct, Aveda Elixir, Qhemet hydrating balm.... Some, like the Frizz-Ease and Black Earth sort of worked, but mostly my hair just hated leave-ins, so I would slather on some oil (camellia or avocado) and seal with shea butter or a pomade like Burnt Sugar. However, my hair has been kind of funky this summer. My hair lately had either been turning out dry and crunchy/crispy in the mornings or sticky, tacky and greasy, but that has changed and it is now silky, soft, smooth and not greasy or tacky at all in the mornings because I decided to try yet another leave-in -- Ojon revitalizing mist -- about three weeks ago and this week I received my Eqyss Rehydrant spray and they both work extremely well. I seal with EndAll, but just a little. The rehydrant works almost as well as the Ojon, so it will allow me to stretch the Ojon, which is really quite a magical product for my hair. The only other Ojon product that worked for hair was the restorative treatment. The four other Ojon products I tried, my hair just did not like and the products were returned. However, my hair loves this one. It is pricey, but it instantly softens, detangles and turns my hair silky and a little goes a very long way, so that $45.00 bottle (including tax and shipping) will last about eight months, which breaks down to about $5.00 a month. I have been using it for two weeks and the 16 ounce bottle is only down less than a half-inch, so...This will be a keeper for me as well as the rehydrant.

Right now, I mix1/4 part sof n free curl moisturizer ,1/4 part infusium moisturologie and 1/2 part water in a spray bottle and/or shea moisture shea butter leave in (cream)

Lately I've been using a little bit of my Tresemme' conditioner as a leave-in. It works like a charm as long as I don't use too much.

ApHogee leave in, oyin's greg juice, and then my little concoction w/ suave conditioner, castor oil, and water. Not at the same time though.

I also meant to mention MNT conditioner as a leave in works very well on my hair mixed with some JBCO

Hey ya'll, I am trying to find the aveda elixir on aveda's website. Can someone please post a link to this product please! TIA

DevaCurl b' leave in moisture supplement
Lacio Lacio
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla
or
Kinky Curly Not Today

I do not use them all at once, sometimes depends on whether I just CW or actually shampooed.

Back