Naturals w/ Fine Hair: How Do You Keep Up A Heat Regimen

kblc06

Because I think I want to start flat-ironing 2x a month or more :look: (or at least my roots). I've found that with beyond straight and the end + NTM silk touch my presses can last over a week through rain and humidity (something I thought would never happen). I also experience less breakage and knots if my hair is kept stretch with I flat iron or rollerset :ohwell:

Add to the fact that I'm going through a straight hair fix stage, I want to keep my hair as healthy as possible so that I can reach BSL by december. I'm in the type 3 range (with some 2c and 4a scattered throughout). I also plan to rollerset every other week. I'm using the Joico line (with the kpak shampoo and reconstructor & moisture recovery + Pantene breakage mask w/ honey). I deep condition every 5-7 days with each wash and do an egg protein treatment once a month. Is there anything else that I can do to keep my hair in tip top shape?

*also shout out to Pokahontas (your method for keeping a wash n go is also a great alternative to wrapping :yep:)

Hi!

I get presses/Flat iron too

The Only thing i would Suggest is Before u flat use a really good moisturizing Deep Conditioner. Your hair looks Lovely im Loving the 3 strand twist!

Hey kblc,
applying a light mixture of EVCO and Aveda Anti Humectant Pomade to my edges and ends helps a great deal in keeping my hair from reverting.

Hey girl, thanks for the shout. Hmmm....I've never tried my wash n' go technique as an alternative to wrapping. That probably would work really well! I would have to have a huge scarf though in order to get all my hair covered.

As for heat....my hair is fine and my hair was pretty healthy with heat but my growth stopped at a certain point. It was the heat holding me back. I was flat ironing twice a month at the time. If you're keeping your hair in top shape though you should be ok.

Don't forget you can do silk wraps to get your hair straight w/o having to flat iron.

Hi!

I get presses/Flat iron too

The Only thing i would Suggest is Before u flat use a really good moisturizing Deep Conditioner. Your hair looks Lovely im Loving the 3 strand twist!

I usually always do, but I thought my hair would need more protein. I'll keep that in mind-thanks

Hey kblc,
applying a light mixture of EVCO and Aveda Anti Humectant Pomade to my edges and ends helps a great deal in keeping my hair from reverting.

I've heard great things about that pomade. I have to go check that out-I just love you hair :lick:

I have fine hair, but I don't use heat...Just wanted to say I :love: your siggy, that 3 strand twist is too cute!!!!

Thank you- I just so happen to :drool:over your hair and youtube videos :grin:

Hey girl, thanks for the shout. Hmmm....I've never tried my wash n' go technique as an alternative to wrapping. That probably would work really well! I would have to have a huge scarf though in order to get all my hair covered.

As for heat....my hair is fine and my hair was pretty healthy with heat but my growth stopped at a certain point. It was the heat holding me back. I was flat ironing twice a month at the time. If you're keeping your hair in top shape though you should be ok.

Don't forget you can do silk wraps to get your hair straight w/o having to flat iron.

This is what I normally do but I've been really lazy when it comes to rollersetting even though that's when I get the best results. It typically comes out better than when I flat iron :look: *sigh* I guess I'll just have to step my game up

Back