Naturals/Transitioners...what look do you desire?

What's your look?

• Natural hair styled to a T (twists, braids, locs, etc...)

Votes: 101 22.5%
  • BAA with cute accessories like scarves or a flower and hoops

Votes: 89 19.8%
  • Perfectly defined curls/coils that bounce as you walk

Votes: 210 46.8%
  • Natural hair worn mostly straight but thick

Votes: 108 24.1%
  • Natural hair that has been slightly texturized and worn straight or in curls

Votes: 37 8.2%
  • Long natural hair worn in braid out or twist out

Votes: 172 38.3%
  • Big bushy hair worn down and combed out

Votes: 78 17.4%
  • Afro puff or puffs

Votes: 83 18.5%
  • One or two thick long natural plaits or french braids

Votes: 81 18.0%
  • Other

Votes: 44 9.8%

• Total voters
I love having the look of big, bushy, lush hair. Puffs are fun too. Pretty soon, I'm going to start flat ironing it once or twice a year.

Last edited:
Perfectly defined curls/coils that bounce as you walk
Long natural hair worn in braid out or twist out
Big bushy hair worn down and combed out
Afro puff or puffs
One or two thick long natural plaits or french braids

and buns too

I voted for Perfectly defined curls/coils that bounce as you walk

I would also like:
Natural hair worn mostly straight but thick if I want to blow dry or flat iron.

This is one look I would like to have:
Yayahair-vi.jpg

I really enjoy the big bouncy curly hair that will just shake whenever I move. The movement just seems so free and weightless, but I also like twists outs and braid outs as well; with the occasional straight look.

I'm going for the one long braid look. I've already started to cultivate my look and am accepting that I will NEVER have what others would consider a THICK braid. Once all my layers get to the same length that's when the fun begins!

collage7-1.jpg

I can't wait for my first set of twists! I think they look beautiful and I love how the different textures make everyone's look unique.

I want to be able to do any and everything w/ my hair.

Why is texturising an option in a natural hair poll? lol

I voted "Long natural hair worn in braid out or twist out". This is my favorite style. It really helps my many textures to blend together. When my length is a little longer, I will attemp wng's again to see if it looks a little better. For now I will stick with the braid outs, twist outs, and buns

when my hair finally gets long i will wear a twist out or a braid out because i have always loved this style. whenever i purchased weave for sewing or micros the texture would look like a braid out or a twist out. :drunk:

there isnt one here for me.

what i desire is wash and go's that provide me with the most definition in the summer. (i experimented a bit in my fotki.) basically the least amount of work possible. i want it big fluffy and somewhat defined with bounce. my fotki is of a wash and go that turned out well for me

in the winter i want to straighten it alot just to make sure its properly protected from the cold. but when natural i will do braid-outs mostly

Puff for sports/outdoors, updo/high bun for professional look, BAA with hopelessly flashy attention-getting earrings or scarf when it's time to part-ay.

Long natural hair worn in braid out or twist out- this is what I want
I wear mostly buns. Humidity makes my hair soooo poofy. I have to be in the mood to wear it out, even braid outs get a little poofy in this humidity.

I put defined curls that bounce when I walk lol. Well that's what i'm going for. While i'm transitioning I do my wash & gos alot and its kind of the same thing just not much curls....

I am perfectly aware that my hair will not have perfectly defined curls without massive amounts of products, but once in awhile I'll do it once i have the length for it. I do want beautifully lushious, thick, big hair that is healthy. Oh I want my hair to grow!!!

Yessss! I know my hair coils tightly, but I definitely wanna be able to blow it out like Leela!

I also really like Kelis' do when she first came out [See: "Caught Out There" Video]

Other than that, I'm simply going natural to attain versatility! So I picked everything (except the texturized option, of course).

I want to wear my hair loose and curly with defined curls/waves. I want my hair to look like Gilila Bekele's hair.

My favorite style are flat twists and 2 strand twists. Cornrows are my envy style. If I could just rock me some twists, I'd be so happy.:yep:

I like to switch it up from curly to straight, protective style, to wearing my hair out I guess my answer would be that whatever style my mood dictates, that style look full and healthy!

Transitioning to natural has allowed me to do just that!:grin:

I just can't wait to have that huge natural bun, with a few coils/curlies/long beadies whatever hanging down the side of my face!

I know this thread is old as hell but my vote is for:

Natural hair styled to a T (twists, braids, locs, etc...)
BAA with cute accessories like scarves or a flower and hoops
Big bushy hair worn down and combed out
Afro puff or puffs
One or two thick long natural plaits or french braids

Natural hair is so versatile.

Back