NATURALS/TRANSITIONERS TELL ME YOUR BEST PRODUCTS FOR AIRDRYING!!!!

Peachtree said:
I've been airdrying for a while... (about 3 yrs).
My hair is always nice & soft afterwards.
(in this order) prepoo (sometimes), poo, condition, detangle, oil/butter, braid (or twist), airdry.

products... Lustrasilk Aloe, Botanicals poo, Elucence cond, K-cutter to detangle, homemade butter (melted/mixed shea/cocoa/mango butters)
oooh weee i've tried Elucence i love that conditioner, but shipping is expensive, peachtree your homemade butter sounds so yummy lol thanks for responding.

den1 said:
EKOMBA GIRL I ALWAYS LOVE YOUR POSTS, THEY ARE SOOOO DETAILED AND MOST OF ALL HELPFUL. Oh so you do the baggie trick too, its really great isn't it? I could just imgaine your soft cute little mickey mouse puffs lol what is really suprising how you managed to airdry it straight. the MSM and silica appear to be extremely potent over long term use. i've been using them almost 10 days now and newgrowth coming through is softer already. Thank you so much for this info.

oh thanks girl you welcome i m such a hair addict and when i see something i have to describe it in details to give you a visual of what i see :grin: i know i m crazy but yes for the airdrying in puffs/buns/ponytails with the msm and silica it makes the hair dry but it stay straight like you dont need a braid or blow dry it seems like i would not need to blow dry to flat iron when i m ready to buy the maxiglide. i have been using my carlson msm sulfur for more than a month now (6g msm ,2004mg sulfur) and just increased it two days ago to 12g msm/4008mg sulfur) and freeda silica 25mg for 3 months and half you gonna see that the more you stick to your vits specially after 3 months of constant usage to let them take effect in the body the hair will soften and after wash while its still wet and you put your moisturized just do 4-6 buns or just two ponytails rolled them to itself and when you take it out it after a couple of days it will be straight just airdrying no heat whatsoever. yeah haha the baggy trick i always use it when i kinda lose moisture to lock the moisture back in kinda. but you'll see you ve been using the silica for ten days once you stay on it and you had msm and even flaxseed oil 3 times a days you will get the moisture back automatically from the inside to the roots and with the baggy you will keep your hair moist with minimal manipulation (buns,ponytails,braids) and minimal products.

Ans i also see that you looking for moisturizing products to airdry . i m give you my trick that i always use to buy products in the stores. our hair is usually dry. when you shop for products and cond try to mostly look for those formulated either for extremely dry/damaged or colored hair(they have the best nutrients and moisturizers) or dandruff (best growing stuff in it like pine tar,sulfur) thats it and nothing else

BlackCardinal said:
I airdry almost every day and I haven't had problems with dryness or crunchiness. IMO the regular rinse-out conditioner you use when you wash your hair is just as important (if not more) as the products you put in afterwards. Make sure you're using something that's soaking in and doing some work, not just sitting on top.

Otherwise, I find that using a small amount of moisturizing leave-in followed by an oil to seal it all in works best. I'm using Giovanni Direct and jojoba oil from The Vitamin Shoppe. I've also used coconut oil (Spectrum Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil) for this and it works well too.

I haven't used moisturizers in my hair since my big chop which was at the end of March. If I didn't wash my hair so much I might consider using a little something in between washes, but it would be very light. Putting too much stuff on your hair is just as likely to make your hair feel dry or stiff as not putting enough.
BC Unlike a lot of ladies here, i honestly do not use many products on my hair. I only use two after washing it. I do agree that putting too much product may cause dryness. My hurdle is finding a product of which both my natural/relaxed like. Some ladies are lucky, that they've found which works, so far i can't find a good deep conditioner. I recently purchased joico intensive moisturiser i when I remove my braids i'll give it a try and hopefully it'll be good for my diffreing textures. My hair definietly needs moisturizers or splits and breaks even when i was natural, remember i have incredibly coarse hair. I can't get Giovanni in London, could you recommend another leave-in that is equivilant? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
den1 said:
Hi Brandy!!! Thanks for your review on Oyin
did you order yours products from, www.mariposa-import.com based in the netherlands?

Hi Den1,
No I didn't order from there because they ran out of some Oyin products. Instead I ordered from the Oyin website based in USA and it took 2 weeks to arrive.

Last edited:
i'm a fro type of girl so i add glycerin and liquid aloe vera to my conditioner that i use for my daily co-washes. then i spritz with my glycerin/water/liquid aloe vera/eo mixture and go that's really it. I use castor oil or jamaica black castor oil as a pre-shampoo/ends treatmernt overnite prior to shampoo and apply a thin, plastic cap. If my time is limited i apply castor oil on dry hair and sit under a hooded/bonnet dryer(w/ plastic cap on) for 15 mins prior to shampoo. i'm a 3c/4a with naturally dry hair and a hard water issue in my apartment building. the glycerin and liquid aloe vera have literally saved my hair along with the rosemary oil- i am currently on a growth spurt.

Back