Naturals, there IS something you can do about shrinkage! More shingling tips w/ PICS

alibi

hair bored
Okay, so I like my shingling pics, but I was really concerned about how short my hair looked. Esp. since I'm going to this hot party this weekend, and I'm trying to wear my hair all out for the first time. (Aren't we ALL sick of shrinkage?!?) Anyways, I tried shingling again, but this time, after combing through the mango butter and ampro clear ice in sections, I combed all of my hair going back and allowed it to air dry for a while. When it was almost dry, I grabbed my hand held blow dryer, put it on high, and pulled my ends in a downward direction while with the heat (which is suggested on the Curve website). The result was MUCH longer looking hair that lasted all day! :eek: Once I let it dry, pulled the hair in the front forward, and it had dried in nice waves around my face that made a very cute and funky 'do with TONS LESS SHRINKAGE! I swear it looks like a different head of hair! :sekret: :lol: I think that this technique, and not using the diffuser made a huse difference. :scratchch Anyways, I put them in the same shrinkage album so you can see the side by side comparision from last week! :cool:

Wow, girl! I love it, Ayana. :love: It looks gorgeous. You better wear this out for your party this weekend. Ooh, I wish I could shingle this transitioning hair.

ayana, i love your hair!!!!! now, lets get serious...how long does this take??? i mean, im all for trying to be cute, but i like to sleep in! is this something i can do the night before and not have to do too much to it in the morning??? or am i gonna have to get up at 4am to start the process??

also...i know this isnt your preference, but i like it bigger and shorter!!!! just frames your face SO well!!!

Shatani said:
ayana, i love your hair!!!!! now, lets get serious...how long does this take??? i mean, im all for trying to be cute, but i like to sleep in! is this something i can do the night before and not have to do too much to it in the morning??? or am i gonna have to get up at 4am to start the process??

:lol: Honestly, the whole process probably took a little over an hour, but you could also do it the night before as long as you put on a bonnet and don't sleep wild. :look: Once my hair air dried for an hour, pulling it down in sections only took a few minutes. :yep:

Re: Naturals, there IS something you can do about shrinkage! More shingling tips w/ P

ayanapooh said:
:lol: Honestly, the whole process probably took a little over an hour, but you could also do it the night before as long as you put on a bonnet and don't sleep wild. :look: Once my hair air dried for an hour, pulling it down in sections only took a few minutes. :yep:
welp, im out!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i wake up like a dang pretzel sometimes! and scarves dont last too long on this big ole head!

Re: Naturals, there IS something you can do about shrinkage! More shingling tips w/ P

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is INCREDIBLE!! Hmmm.. so how much of the product did you use? You didn't use CP right? I should try this before my jazma on Sunday..but it did take you a long time.. I don't have that kinda time everyday..I CW daily.. your hair looks AWESOME though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! You should be wearing it like that EVERYDAY!

Wow, ur hair is GORGEOUS!!! I've been experimenting with the blow dryer, with & without the attachments... I must agree, it DEFINITELY allows ur length to show :up:

... just wish I had time to "shingle" in sections... I'm a "slap the product on & go" kinda girl :D !

That is a jaw dropping- so pretty! And you're right, your hair looks 8 inches longer. I'm so going to try this shingling thing.

Simply beautiful... I like the short shrunken style too... very fly!

More details please! So when you were pulling it and blow drying, did you do that in sections? And just hold the nozzle of the blow dryer right over it?

And what do you mean by you "pulled the front forward"--pulled it forward and clipped it or did that while blow drying?

I'd also love to know how you slept in it overnight to maintain the style? I like a high ponytail tied with a satin scrunchie (learned that technique on the NP site) and wrapped in a satin scarf.

Gorgeous, I really like it both ways. But I would wear this way for work and the other way for going out. But either way you're a knockout! :up:

mkstar826 said:
NOPE ;) I love it :yay:

I love shrinkage too!!!!!! :yay: :yay:

Last edited:
ayanapooh said:
. . . after combing through the mango butter and ampro clear ice in sections, I combed all of my hair going back and allowed it to air dry for a while. When it was almost dry, I grabbed my hand held blow dryer, put it on high, and pulled my ends in a downward direction while with the heat (which is suggested on the Curve website). The result was MUCH longer looking hair that lasted all day! :eek: Once I let it dry, pulled the hair in the front forward, and it had dried in nice waves around my face that made a very cute and funky 'do with TONS LESS SHRINKAGE! I swear it looks like a different head of hair! :sekret: :lol: I think that this technique, and not using the diffuser made a huse difference. :scratchch Anyways, I put them in the same shrinkage album so you can see the side by side comparision from last week! :cool:

Your hair looks fantastic! I got the same results from the curly-kinky products. But, the next morning my hair was tore up!!! :eek: :p How do you keep the curls looking so great?

neijon said:
Your hair looks fantastic! I got the same results from the curly-kinky products. But, the next morning my hair was tore up!!! :eek: :p How do you keep the curls looking so great?

Actually, I haven't tried sleeping in the bonnet overnight. :cool: I was just suggesting it to anyone who doesn't have time to do it in the morning. :look: :lol: Personally, I like really fresh curls, so I do my hair in the morning. But when I try the overnight thing, I will post pics if it doesn't look tore up in the morning. :sekret:

PhonyBaloney500 said:
More details please! So when you were pulling it and blow drying, did you do that in sections? And just hold the nozzle of the blow dryer right over it?

And what do you mean by you "pulled the front forward"--pulled it forward and clipped it or did that while blow drying?

I'd also love to know how you slept in it overnight to maintain the style? I like a high ponytail tied with a satin scrunchie (learned that technique on the NP site) and wrapped in a satin scarf.

:lol: Okay, here's more detail, I hope this makes sense! I shingled wet hair in sections, but when I was done I brush it all back w/ my Denman brush. Once it was all back, I let it airdry for about an hour. Then I grabbed the hair that was hanging down, pulling it downwards, and directing the nozzel of the dryer on that specific half of my hair (right, then left). I grabbed the whole section too, not just pieces.

When I say I "pulled the front forward" I meant that the hair that frames my face in the front had been brushed back, and dried in waves going towards the back of my head (I hope that makes sense). Once it was dryer, I kind of just pulled those pieces back up to frame my face - they came out nice and wavy. :yep:

Oh, and lastly, if you see the above response, I haven't yet tried to sleep in this style overnight... :sekret:

ayanapooh said:
Actually, I haven't tried sleeping in the bonnet overnight. :cool: I was just suggesting it to anyone who doesn't have time to do it in the morning. :look: :lol: Personally, I like really fresh curls, so I do my hair in the morning. But when I try the overnight thing, I will post pics if it doesn't look tore up in the morning. :sekret:

:lol: Okay, here's more detail, I hope this makes sense! I shingled wet hair in sections, but when I was done I brush it all back w/ my Denman brush. Once it was all back, I let it airdry for about an hour. Then I grabbed the hair that was hanging down, pulling it downwards, and directing the nozzel of the dryer on that specific half of my hair (right, then left). I grabbed the whole section too, not just pieces.

When I say I "pulled the front forward" I meant that the hair that frames my face in the front had been brushed back, and dried in waves going towards the back of my head (I hope that makes sense). Once it was dryer, I kind of just pulled those pieces back up to frame my face - they came out nice and wavy. :yep:

Oh, and lastly, if you see the above response, I haven't yet tried to sleep in this style overnight... :sekret:

Thanks, girl! :D Hmm I usually blow dry right away so I will try this method soon! :)

Back