Naturals: The best creamy moisturizer

It seems like I have to moisturizer my hair 3-4 times a day and its still dry. I'm looking for a really good creamy moisturizer preferably available in store, I can't stand paying shipping.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Humm store bought I am really feeling GVP "paul mitchell" the conditoner or reg Paul Mitchell the conditioner. I have tried both and I like them about the same so I would go for the cheaper version:)

Hands down: Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

It's not my main moisturizer unfortunately, cuz it's a little heavy on my wallet (it costs $16-20), but this stuff really does live up to all it's hype. Keeps my hair moisturized for days.

There are local stores that carrry it. Check the QB website for locations.

Try deep conditioning overnight with a plastic bag over your head using you deep conditioner of choice. Do this a couple of times weekly and adjust as your hair needs.

One product that makes my hair unbelievably soft is Shea Moistures Deep treatment Masque. I don't use it as a deep conditioner, though. I use it as a styling cream. I use it generously on my hair when twisting. When I pull my hair loose, it's super soft. Try it.

Can you describe your hair and regular hairstyles? What moisturizer are you currently using? How often are you washing and deep conditioning? Those items will play a factor as to why your hair is so dry.

My favorite cream moisturizers are Oyin's Whipped Pudding (for a lighter cream: Hair Dew) and Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (for a lighter cream: Burdock Root Butter Cream). If I need to refresh, I prefer to use Oyin's Juices & Berries or Frank Juice spray moisturizer.

Last edited:
Can you describe your hair and regular hairstyles? What moisturizer are you currently using? How often are you washing and deep conditioning? Those items will play a factor as to why your hair is so dry.

My favorite cream moisturizers are Oyin's Whipped Pudding (for a lighter cream: Hair Dew) and Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (for a lighter cream: Burdock Root Butter Cream). If I need to refresh, I prefer to use Oyin's Juices & Berries or Frank Juice spray moisturizer.

I just BC'ed on 6/1/11 I have about 3 inches of 3c/4ab hair .I co-wash everyday. I've been using Shea moisture curl defining smoothie coconut oil and then I apply olive oil Eco style.I deep condition once a week with suave coconut cond w/ honey evoo and castor oil.

best creamy moisturizer = qhemet amla oil heavy cream!! :lick:available online mostly, but worth every penny including shipping cost! a few places carry it, those locations would be listed on the qhemet website. HTH

Last edited:
I like ORS Cream Moisturizer. I also just tried the Elasta QP Creme Moisturizer. And my new love, and I don't know if it is necessary a moisturizer, is Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream. OMGosh that stuff is AWESOME :yep:

No matter what moisturiser i used my hair always airdried to a crisp. Quite frankly i was at my wits end as i had spent soooo much money on product, searching for this holy grail moisturiser.

I finally listened to my Mother who said i should seal my hair with a grease. So after i apply my leave-in's and moisturisers i apply a thin coating of Dax (my natural alternative is Castor Oil as it's very thick) and braid.
Its the best thing i've ever done. No more dry hair, infact it airdries soft and fluffy instead of hard and crispy....and reduced ssk's too.

Its all about heavy sealing.

the cream texture in a product is just about the type of the emulsifier... I prefer to choose an moisturizer by its water content %, that's why I luv and prefer to choose a watery moisturizer much more than a creamy one.
but from the poll, it seems that i's qhemet biologics who does the trick..

I agree with the Qhemet Biologics BRBC and AOHC ... for something cheaper and in stores, Herbal Essence LTR leave-in. If I am running low on those three products, I add some water to my co-washing Suave conditioners and seal with coconut oil ... does about the same thing.

Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream or Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
I also love Anita Grant (I get it from her us vender hairrogant.com)--

I usually don't pay shipping b/c I look for shipping discounts.

I love Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Leave-in...I can be found in most beauty supply stores in NY.

I love Aussie Moist conditioner on wet hair with Shea Mositure Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top of that. Love the combo!!

I just BC'ed on 6/1/11 I have about 3 inches of 3c/4ab hair .I co-wash everyday. I've been using Shea moisture curl defining smoothie coconut oil and then I apply olive oil Eco style.I deep condition once a week with suave coconut cond w/ honey evoo and castor oil.

Hm.... the gel is probably drying your hair out since you are re-applying everyday. Or, the shea moisture is too light for your hair. :scratchch: Do you shampoo out your products when you deep condition?

Everyone has given excellent choices for a creamy moisturizer; however, I would try the Giovanni Direct Leave-In and Oyin Hair Dew if you prefer to wear your hair in wash-n-goes. The other moisturizers will be kind of heavy for loose 'out' styles. I hope that helps and congrats on your recent BC!

My spritz is the best moisturizer I've ever used. It's made with 5 parts water and 1 part AO HSR. (I keep it in the fridge.) It softened my brother's hair, too. And he had the driest hair I've ever seen!

Krystle~Hime
you should try the Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee! it is creamy, but more of a light, thin, lotion kind of texture. i just got it today, and it is the bomb.com! :lachen:

the cream texture in a product is just about the type of the emulsifier... I prefer to choose an moisturizer by its water content %, that's why I luv and prefer to choose a watery moisturizer much more than a creamy one.
but from the poll, it seems that i's qhemet biologics who does the trick..

Hands down: Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream

It's not my main moisturizer unfortunately, cuz it's a little heavy on my wallet (it costs $16-20), but this stuff really does live up to all it's hype. Keeps my hair moisturized for days.

There are local stores that carrry it. Check the QB website for locations.

The only thing I use. :grin:

My spritz is the best moisturizer I've ever used. It's made with 5 parts water and 1 part AO HSR. (I keep it in the fridge.) It softened my brother's hair, too. And he had the driest hair I've ever seen!
curlyninjagirl this mix was exacly my 1st moisturizer when i've started my HHJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice souvenirs of soft hair !!
shortdub78 Thanks, I'm actually happy with mine, it's water, with aloe juice and honey(by powder form for better solubility)

Cosign on Qhemet Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream. That stuff is fantastic. It's pricey but it should last a while. A little goes a long way.

Bublin,

Does sealing with castor oil affect your curl pattern? It seems that my hair is best defined w/o the sealing part. How does one seal? By layering? or can I mix the castor oil in my conditioner and apply in one step?:scratchch

@Bublin,

Does sealing with castor oil affect your curl pattern? It seems that my hair is best defined w/o the sealing part. How does one seal? By layering? or can I mix the castor oil in my conditioner and apply in one step?:scratchch

Defining my curls are not priority for me tbh....i just need to keep that moisture locked in and using a heavy pomade is the only thing that works.

I moisturise and then add a thin layer of pomade or castor Oil on top. I do it sections and then braid up those sections. I never wear my hair loose, like a wash and go. Once i'm done braiding i tie my hair down with a scarf. In the morning my hair is unbelievably smooth, soft and shiney. When i first used Dax i noticed the next morning that i 'did' infact have baby hairs. Before i just had a frizzy hairline. Castor Oil has the same effect.

I have to add though - if i were to wear a wash and go i would def add the pomade in sections to wet hair as when i'm braiding it up my curls were much more defined/seperated instead of being frizzy. Adding it to your conditioner would enhance the effects of it but would not SEAL/LOCK it in.

Last edited:
Back