Naturals that Straighten...

I see so many different hot socks and the pictures are no longer available on this thread. Can some one direct me to where i can get the proper hot sock? Also is CHI a heat silk infusion a protectant?

I believe this is the one you are looking for. http://www.folica.com/Hot_Sock_Ultral_d983.html

Yes, according to their site, it is a heat protectant. I've never used it though so some of the more experienced ladies can chime in.
http://www.chiretail.com/infra/silkinfusion.html

HTH

Pinkskates held it down in here:yep:
Awesome information!!!!
I will def be trying these methods when i give my hair a break from braiding during these winter months.I may join her site to take a look around as well.
I had no idea she did a bkt.

Okay, I have to subscribe so that I can go back and look over all of the pages! There's some really great info in here. Can't wait until my transition is over!

Pinkskates,
What is EVCO?

I've always used the comb attachment on my blowdryer, but I've managed to learn how to eliminate it this past year. I never want to go back to it.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes thanks I was trying to find a new comb attachment now I see that the tension method is the best way.

I tried the tension method and it didn't work for me but after reading through 11 pages of this post I am more knowledgeable and excited to try it again (the right way) - YAY! I'm always inclined to buy the exact same products that someone else uses but this time I'm going to lay low and try to use a similar product that is already in my arsenal. I have to get that hot sock though - wonder if they sell it at Ulta? Thanks PinkSkates!

This thread is super handy. Has anyone else figured out how to keep from sweating hair out? I went on my 45 minute run today after pressing my hair yesterday (I run everyday so scheduling workouts is a no go) I used a headband and put my hair in a bun and it seemed fine, but when I took out the bun there was a puddle in the roots a the top of my head. :wallbash: now my roots are all puffy in that one spot. Anyone use any type of headbands that help prevent this or is this just a part of life I'll have to deal with? lol. The rest of my hair actually stayed straight though but I find the sweat begins to spread if I touch my hair when it's like that.

yuhlovevybz said:
This thread is super handy. Has anyone else figured out how to keep from sweating hair out? I went on my 45 minute run today after pressing my hair yesterday (I run everyday so scheduling workouts is a no go) I used a headband and put my hair in a bun and it seemed fine, but when I took out the bun there was a puddle in the roots a the top of my head. :wallbash: now my roots are all puffy in that one spot. Anyone use any type of headbands that help prevent this or is this just a part of life I'll have to deal with? lol. The rest of my hair actually stayed straight though but I find the sweat begins to spread if I touch my hair when it's like that.

Bumping for answers :)

This is exactly what happens to me, my roots begin to matt thought the rest of my hair is fine after I work out.

Bumping for answers :)

This is exactly what happens to me, my roots begin to matt thought the rest of my hair is fine after I work out.
DaiseeDay
You can't have both. Either you schedule your runs or have puffy hair. I lead a fitness lifestyle and that is the reason I don't straighten.

OMG... I am so glad I came across this thread. I was soooo tempted to relax my hair this weekend. My hair is HUGE and I can't wear it down anymore. I look crazy. It's cute for about 3 hours but once it's fully dried, it is out of control. I want my hair straight again but I don't want to have to rely on relaxers. I am so excited to try this.

OMG... I am so glad I came across this thread. I was soooo tempted to relax my hair this weekend. My hair is HUGE and I can't wear it down anymore. I look crazy. It's cute for about 3 hours but once it's fully dried, it is out of control. I want my hair straight again but I don't want to have to rely on relaxers. I am so excited to try this.

OMG your hair is gawgeous ma'am! Good luck with str8 your hair hopefully it will make it easier for you. Anywho I dont really have advice bc I'm not a heat trained natural I only str8 twice a year for length checks but make sure you have good moisture & protein treatments before and maybe after (I'm sure you know this already :) Beautiful again I must say!

It seems the Kizure straigthening combs are out of stock everywhere. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a good brand?

winona I just got some of the Kay Vel pressing cream today! i don't know when i will be using it though. i think i will save it for when it starts to get warm outside.

Other than kizure, golden supreme and Kentucky maid have a nice selection of pressing combs. if you are looking for marcel straightening irons you might want to look into milstan as well.

[USER=19315]Napp[/USER];17816045 said:
winona I just got some of the Kay Vel pressing cream today! i don't know when i will be using it though. i think i will save it for when it starts to get warm outside.

Other than kizure, golden supreme and Kentucky maid have a nice selection of pressing combs. if you are looking for marcel straightening irons you might want to look into milstan as well.

Thanks

I was looking at the reviews and I was feeling kinda stuck on kizure(has best overall reviews). I got a message back from them today stating their irons would be back in stock in march which is cool since I have am not planning on straightening anytime soon. I just wanted all my supplies readily available:). The type a personality in me:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

Last edited:
yuhlovevybz my straightened hair would poof up within hours no matter how much I dc'd beforehand and nobody and nothing in six yrs on lhcf could help me but after following her night routine no more poof!!

I've gone an ungodly amount of days (3+ weeks) not washing my hair without reversion:look:

yuhlovevybz my straightened hair would poof up within hours no matter how much I dc'd beforehand and nobody and nothing in six yrs on lhcf could help me but after following her night routine no more poof!!

I've gone an ungodly amount of days (3+ weeks) not washing my hair without reversion:look:

Thanks for that you tube link!

I just received mine today after reading all the reviews. I'm going to press my hair over the weekend as usual and see if there's a difference in the quality of the press.

I did NOT like the press with the Kay vel creme. It made my hair look stringy and dull. It honestly looked like a week old press on the first day. :(

[USER=322033]Wenbev[/USER];17935063 said:
I did NOT like the press with the Kay vel creme. It made my hair look stringy and dull. It honestly looked like a week old press on the first day. :(

Thanks for your review. We're you really light handed when using the press? About how much did you use for each section and how big were your sections? What is your hair strand type fine, medium, thick density?

TIA
Winona

Thanks for your review. We're you really light handed when using the press? About how much did you use for each section and how big were your sections? What is your hair strand type fine, medium, thick density?

TIA
Winona

Hey Winona,
I was overly cautious about applying the creme as it is the consistency of hard cocoa butter. When I put a bit on my finger, I had to emulsify it between my hands to melt it. I sectioned into four and applied maybe a fingertip worth for each section. I have fine kinky curly strands but a lot of it in terms of density which is why I think this product was just too heavy for my hair.
Also, the smell of the product was pleasing prior to getting it pressed. After the press, it was all I could smell for about two days. It reminded me of old grease. My hubs was not happy since he always likes to smell my hair.
I'm actually washing my hair and pressing again bc it looks so bad.
My hair lacked movement and shine as well. AND it still reverted to the roots, not as bad as it normally does but considering it looked like a week old press from almost day one, this product is NO BUENO for me.

Back