NATURALS that FLAT IRON...What is your STEP BY STEP technique???

oooop2

I haven't flat ironed my hair in over a year, but for some reason I'm tempted to do it this week. I would like to get it straight enough so that I can do a good length check and trim my end. They feel TERRIBLE. Any tips/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :grin:

The key for me getting an almost professional look is clean hair and lil product.
Pre-poo with cheapie conditioner with cap
Shampoo moisturizing formula (CON)
Deeeeeeeeeeeeep condition (cholestrol,suave humectant and oils)
Shampoo with claifier (sauve daily claifier)
Leavin lightly spray (aproghee provitamin and greentea)
Sabino moisture block (lighly)
Blowdrow straight as I can get
Flatiron in 6 sections with small pieces
my hair turns out great but this is tedious at times.....

I probably shouldn't comment too much on flat ironing; I'm still learning. But you might want to check out a video on the comb-chase method. Longhairdontcare has great a great youtube tutorial.

I don't flat iron often, but when I do I this is what works for me: I do an apple cider rinse before conditioning, then I deep condition, apply a teeny bit of Giovanni Direct Leave-In conditioner, let it air dry stretched, blow dry it with an attachment (using Hana shine shield), and flat iron attempting the comb chase method. It's a work in progress, but I get the best results with minimal shedding this way. I used to be wary of blow drying attachments, but they help me get my hair straightish,so I only have to go over it with my flat iron once. I have a Hana Elite and it's the shiz.

Last edited:
Um, not natural but I agree with the above. When I straighten its the following:
Section hair pre poo with oil
dc with the detangler, honey, oil, aloe vera
shampoo twice with moisture shampoo non sulfate
conditioner (whatever I want usually aveda damage remedy, a reconstructor)
Roux porosity control
then just a heat protectant and a small spray or leavin
tension blow dry in small sections
flat iron with comb chase method.

I know it's a lot that's why I only do it once a month

I dont flat iron often but when i do i get pretty good results with no damage.
First I clarify with Pantene
Follow up with a moisturizing shampoo (con)
Then detangle with a cheapy conditioner
Deep condition with ors mayo (let sit over night)
rinse out and section hair into 12 sections (6 on each side)
Apply Aphogee pro-vitamin leave in conditioner with a little chi silk infusion(very little). I also spray lightly with Chi iron guard thermal protectant- on each section
Then blow dry as straight as possible (using round boar bristle brush)
After dry i section into 2 and apply Redkin heat glide (Its thick so a couple of pumps for one section is good.
Then i flat iron in small sections using a fhi iron and a small tooth comb.

The press can last 2 weeks if i set with rollers at night. It seems like i use alot of products but i only use a little of each and it never weighs my hair down. Its always nice and bouncy when i finish.

Back