NATURALS please post what type of moisterizer you use

FineChyna

currently i am on the hunt for some new leave in moisterizer that is cheaper that CD's HHB. although my hair loves the HHB sometimes my pockets are saying otherwise especially since i am finding that the longer my hair gets, the product does not last long in my house at all

today there was a sale on garnier frictis products ($2.85 per item) at kmart and after seeing the thread on here talking debating whether or not enthic products work better or products marketed toward whites work better i decided to try garnier. even if i don't like it i could give it to my sister who has straight hair.

i brought the leave in condition cream called curl & shine. it says it's for mositerizing rebellious curly or wavy hair. i figure it might work on my hair.\

i also purchased length & strength serum which is a leave in but is only for wet hair before your style it.
^anyone have a product review on these 2 items. when i did a search i only saw something for the shampoo and conditioner.

so if you can post what leave in moisterizer you are using i would appreciate it :)

I was using NTM, but decided to try something else once it ran out. I brought ELasta QP recovery but have not used it yet. I will let you know how it works for me.

I use a combination of leave ins and moisturizers. I really like Sally's generic/biolage leave in. It's watery and has a texturizing affect on my hair.
I don't use this when I want to wear my hair in an afro puff because it won't puff with this stuff. Right now, my hair likes the world of curls activator also. It does not flake and it does not make my hair hard. I also use Citrishine Curlbooster when I want super hold, but that has not been lately. I also bought some HHB and hair milk. Unfortunately, the products last a while, so I'll be using them until they are gone, but my hair does not stay moisturized with these products. I recently also tried the Bedhead curl stuff in the cream formula (from Sally's). This seems to be all right also---better than average. I've tried the Neutragena hair mask conditioner and my hair liked this a lot. I might try the leave in one day.

In the past, I also used the 911 leave in and my hair liked it. I haven't used it recently. I've also tried the B&B Castor Oil pink leave in. It was all right---nothing special. I just liked that it only had a few ingredients. I've also tried the hair mayo leave in and it was just okay. I've tried Mango butter, and profective leave ins with okay results---nothing special.

FineChyna said:
ok thanks for the replies thus far, keep the products coming

BTW what does "NTM" stand for?

I believe that's the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep recovery line. This is what I mentioned in my post also. My hair liked this stuff. I know there was a post about the products recently, but my hair liked it a lot.

FineChyna, I know you prefer naturals to post here (since you CAPS the word naturals in your title), but I still wanted to suggest a moisturizer that may work for you. I use Oyin's Whipped Pudding. It has mostly natural ingredients and is geared more to natural heads. I love this stuff, and it gives great moisture. HTH.

I use Oyins Greg Juice and it leaves my hair soft and I don't have to use anything else. It is the only leave in that works for my Dry thick Hair.

glycerine and water, IT IS A DREAM, i don't know how i went my life (so far) without it. you can get the glycerine off ebay for about $5 and buy distilled water in the Debil Store (walmart) for .69c and it will last a while

I wish I could use Glycerin, But My hair Hates Glycerin & Shea Butter, I have tried it A Million Ways, I guess My hair knows what it likes. But I wanted to be like everyone else who could make their own stuff or buy glycerin based products and be done LOL!! But I guess that is why they say Different Strokes for Different Folks LOL!!!!!

I use homemade moisturizer: glycerin, spring water, oils (jojoba,almond,olive,carrot...), a little bit of le kair cholesterol, essential oils (rosemary or others)

Lately I've found that for daily moisture, just a misting of water and macadrmia nut oil is working wonders. My hair doesn't feel full of build up, just soft and silky.

I do my "heavy duty" leave in after I wash my hair, Humectress and avocado butter. ;)

Right now I'm using Abba Nourishing leave-in mixed with Blended Beauty soft curl cream or happy nappy cream. I use it as a leave in and for next day hair I just spritz with water and add a little more Abba. When i run out of BB I just melt a little shea & avocado butter and add it to the Abba.

ETA: you could use these separately too, they still work pretty well...

Is there a Differennce between Glycerin & Vegetable Glycerin? I know oyins greg juice has vege.glycerin but it is in the middle & I still dilute it and it works fine, but I guess what other ingredients it has to follow it, I mean if Glycerin is like #1 or # 2 I can't use it, but when it is later in the ingredient list I can. Oh! Boy My hair is crazy.

I use either Giovanni's Direct leave in or Kiehl's leave in conditioner. I also use Mango Q Butter and my trusted castor oil.

jojoba oil once every few days but simple baby oil and a little water works like a treat!!! IT REALLY DOEST give SuPa DuPa soft hair.

For Instance... one night my hair was feelin 'dry like toast' and i didnt wanna add too many products (and as i was in the bath room i couldnt be botherd to go back i my room for my stuff) so I JUST ADDED WATER AND BABY OIL... wow my hair was transformed!! SuPa DuPa soft hair ohh and i wore a baggie that night and hmmm the next mornin' you guessed it SuPa DuPa soft hair lolol

i feel this works well cus i usually risne or co wash most days so thats where i get my conditioning prior to the oil.

HTH
xx

I like:

~Daily Doctor
~Oyin's Greg or Frank Juice
~Asha's Silk Rose (Haven't bought it in awhile though)
~Any homemade Glycerin, water, etc. mix

I'm a pj. I'm allowed a vice or two...

p1

Water, my rosechamsage tea mix, jojoba oil, Elucence MB, and WGO on the ends.

CurleeDST said:
Whipped Pudding did nothing for my hair but felt really good on my skin.

Same here.

Hey ladies, answer me this. Why are cremes, conditioners,etc considered products that give moisture? Whenever I think of moisture, I think of water.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Whenever I think of moisture, I think of water.

Me too. The more water it has the more moisturizing it is for me. I think of products like shea butter, etc. as being "nourishing" or "lubricating" but not moisturizing.

However, that's just my hair talking.

p1

Back