Naturals on Tyra......................

blackbarbie

I just caught this, but I think the topic is "your first............................" but they had these 2 girls on there that were naturals and one had hair past her butt! It was sooo pretty. They put it in 2 ponytails and chopped it off:confused: . And the other one was a natural too, but just as I was tuning in, they were chopping her hair off:confused: .

Nikos (Tyra's hair stylist guy) is taking them to the back and they are going to have the finished product at the end of the show....I don't know if this will be their (1) first relaxer (2) first trip to a salon (3) first time they have had their hair professionally straightened (3) first hair cut (i dunno; have to wait to see since I didn't see it from the very beginnin)........

But if you catch this episode, I think it will be interesting!

ETA: I just heard her say it was their first hair cut..

Last edited:
I saw this show before. Couldn't understand for the life of me why they cut their hair. I'm all for cutting but I think these women looked better before their hair cuts than after. Oh well!

I wouldn't look to Tyra's show for ideas on how to grow long healthy hair and how to style your hair without extensions or weaves. Look at the host!!! :lol: :lol:

any makeover show thats out there will feature women getting their hair chopped significantly. it's the unwritten rule...the fashionistas want women in bobs and other short hairstyles.

I had to run out when I was posting but recorded the remainder and I agree, they looked better in their "before" pics. It was their first time getting a hair cut and one of the naturals got her hair cut drastically shorter than it was at first (like up to her chin or shoulders) and the other one who had hair past her butt, got hers cut mid back...

Their hair looked beautiful when they were natural and they probably got frustrated and wanted to go drastic and cut it b/c they were at a loss for what to do with it.(styling, products, etc.; if they knew about LHCF they would have never agreed to that BC:lol: )..........

blackbarbie said:
I had to run out when I was posting but recorded the remainder and I agree, they looked better in their "before" pics. It was their first time getting a hair cut and one of the naturals got her hair cut drastically shorter than it was at first (like up to her chin or shoulders) and the other one who had hair past her butt, got hers cut mid back...

Their hair looked beautiful when they were natural and they probably got frustrated and wanted to go drastic and cut it b/c they were at a loss for what to do with it.(styling, products, etc.; if they knew about LHCF they would have never agreed to that BC:lol: )..........[/quote]

I so agree with each of you here. When I saw the waist length hair...my personal goal...I almost cried. "Why, why, why..." :lol: Oh, If she only knew.

"Shimmie..." :)

ShimmieGirl said:
blackbarbie said:

Their hair looked beautiful when they were natural and they probably got frustrated and wanted to go drastic and cut it b/c they were at a loss for what to do with it.(styling, products, etc.; if they knew about LHCF they would have never agreed to that BC:lol: )..........[/quote]

I so agree with each of you here. When I saw the waist length hair...my personal goal...I almost cried. "Why, why, why..." :lol: Oh, If she only knew.

"Shimmie..." :)

Didn't you think that was the most beautiful head of natural hair to behold? (It was someone else's hair that looked that amazing that that was posted by a member here). I bet she got it cut and only flat ironed, but if he didn't tell her what to do with it once she shampooed it, she is still going to have the same problem - with less hair!!:(

prettykinks said:
Does anyone have any pics? I missed it here.

I found these two pics for you. I think they look cute both ways.

1045_kimberly.jpg

1045_eva.jpg

Back