Naturals... Do U "Band" Ur Hair?

Peachtree

Naturals... Do U \"Band\" Ur Hair?

When I was an undergrad, I remember having this professor who "banded" her natural ponytails. At the time, I didn't know there was a reason for it... I just thought it was a "style" in itself. The next day, her hair was "stretched" out all nicely, as if she straightened it with a low-med hot comb.

Just curious, does any naturals here use this technique regularly?

Re: Naturals... Do U \"Band\" Ur Hair?

Thanks Jainygirl! Jessy's site was very informative!
... so, braids are just as effective /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

I think I'd go for the braids too... definitely it's far less stress on da hair.

I used to but like msportugal & Carefree I think putting my hair in large twists or braids and then combing or brushing out the sections the next day gives the same look and it's a lot easier for me.

I'm so lazy...I never do anything other than wash and ponytail it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

when my hair was shorter it was better...i dont like the effects now....or the effects of the braiding and brushing...i find it really hard to comb my hair semi-straight...i can only deal if its flattened all the way out or coiled up

I don't but my best friend wears this style every day for convenience. I also stretch out my hair with two braids or two twists or a tight bun if I'm going for the semi-straight look.

Last time i tried to band one of them got caught in my hair and i fought for like an hour to get it out so my experiences with banding havent been good. Id rather stretch my hair out with large braids.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I'm so lazy...I never do anything other than wash and ponytail it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif so nope no banding and I have a major fear of experiencing what babyblue did /images/graemlins/smile.gif, and /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif because of it. Um ummmm, I'm already stressing over detangling issues and I am seriously considering not washing for a loooonggg time after this weekend's detangling session.

i prefer twists. I find that I get the same results /images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, I just wash and put in a loose ponytail until it's dry. For style # 2, I put in some 8-10 loose braids or twists and then take them out and wala. Stretched Hair

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, even though I'm only about 1/3 natural.

Peachtree, my Mom is natural and she "bands" her hair after she washes it. She says it loosens up the curl a bit. She uses actual cloth to "band" her hair.

*sigh*...I've tried it once and I have pics of the experience in my album. I prefer braiding to lengthen/stretch the hair.

Tack this onto my hair to-do list. <sigh> I am so far behind the "hair care curve" experience, it is sad. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back