NATURALS - K.I.S.S (Long, I think)

donewit-it

Hello Ladies,

I am so excited to report that I believe that I have found all I need to regarding my hair. I would like to thank some specific ladies in particular but also everyone has been a tremendous influence on my addiction:grin:

First.

My regimen....

Daily co-washing (everyother day if I'm too busy) I am presently using Tresemme Remoisturize, but I think I like Aussie Moist better. I will go back to that when I finish my Tresemme.

Deep conditioning 2x's/week with LeKairs Cholesteral. Really helps with detangling my massively thick hair with my denman brush. I have others that I am trying to finish that I purchased due to my PJism such as DPR-11, the new Palmers whatever you call it, Queen Helene's Cholesteral, etc., but I think I have found a staple in LeKair's Cholesteral. For extra ummpph HONEY is the bomb and then I rinse it all out. I then incorporate Redken's Detangling Leave-in for extra protection.

Once a week I use the Aphoghee's 2-min Reconstructor.

I've adopted the Baking Soda Rinse for an extra cleansing whenever I feel like it and of course I love to do ACV rinses. I'm working on the Home Steam Treatment but I haven't gotten that down yet. I'll keep at it.

That's it.

Oh yeah, Styling....

I'm experimenting with leaving some conditioner in my hair (half of a ORS Replenishing Pak) sealed with coconut oil. My curls really pop with this stuff.

I am going to stop twisting and braiding my hair. I think that I rip alot of my hair out when detangling from these. If anyone has any suggestions, please post as I know I will get bored with a puff all the time. Puffs are protective styles as far as I am concerned because they do not rest on my shoulders. My hair grows up and out. You should have seen how I woke up this morning:blush:

i just ordered the Sabino Moisture Block last night so that might be the last thing I add to my regimen. I hope it works. I don't want my hair feeling hard.

Forgive me for getting the names wrong but I would like to send a special thanks to

ZZIrvingJ (My hair idol) for recommending the 2 min reconstructor.

LadyKPNYC - Great videos and thanks for recommending the leave-ins. I can't really say that I like the SheaMoisture leave-in, but the Redken, my hair loves it.

JustKiya - Full of knowledgeable advice. Baking soda rinse did wonders for my ends. As of right now, my ends are not dry and crispy and I did not have to trim my ends.

Pokahantas - HONEY is on point.

Iris - Coconut Oil is the way to go.
Fellow Guyanese know all about dumping coconut oil in their hair.:lick:

Patient1 - For recommending LeKair's Cholesteral. It's cheap and it gets the job done. Love ya.

I hope I got everyone.

Lastly,

I know that this thread is worthless without pictures, but I will post a picture of my blown out hair mid June.

Just take my word for it, that KEEPIN IT SIMPLE is better.

Oh yeah, and curlformers for variety. Alot of money for them, but they really do straighen natural hair without heat. Amazing.

Thanks everyone. I love this site.:yep:

Hello Ladies,

I am so excited to report that I believe that I have found all I need to regarding my hair. I would like to thank some specific ladies in particular but also everyone has been a tremendous influence on my addiction:grin:

First.

My regimen....

Daily co-washing (everyother day if I'm too busy) I am presently using Tresemme Remoisturize, but I think I like Aussie Moist better. I will go back to that when I finish my Tresemme.

Deep conditioning 2x's/week with LeKairs Cholesteral. Really helps with detangling my massively thick hair with my denman brush. I have others that I am trying to finish that I purchased due to my PJism such as DPR-11, the new Palmers whatever you call it, Queen Helene's Cholesteral, etc., but I think I have found a staple in LeKair's Cholesteral. For extra ummpph HONEY is the bomb and then I rinse it all out. I then incorporate Redken's Detangling Leave-in for extra protection.

Once a week I use the Aphoghee's 2-min Reconstructor.

I've adopted the Baking Soda Rinse for an extra cleansing whenever I feel like it and of course I love to do ACV rinses. I'm working on the Home Steam Treatment but I haven't gotten that down yet. I'll keep at it.

That's it.

Oh yeah, Styling....

I'm experimenting with leaving some conditioner in my hair (half of a ORS Replenishing Pak) sealed with coconut oil. My curls really pop with this stuff.

I am going to stop twisting and braiding my hair. I think that I rip alot of my hair out when detangling from these. If anyone has any suggestions, please post as I know I will get bored with a puff all the time. Puffs are protective styles as far as I am concerned because they do not rest on my shoulders. My hair grows up and out. You should have seen how I woke up this morning:blush:

i just ordered the Sabino Moisture Block last night so that might be the last thing I add to my regimen. I hope it works. I don't want my hair feeling hard.

Forgive me for getting the names wrong but I would like to send a special thanks to

ZZIrvingJ (My hair idol) for recommending the 2 min reconstructor.

LadyKPNYC - Great videos and thanks for recommending the leave-ins. I can't really say that I like the SheaMoisture leave-in, but the Redken, my hair loves it.

JustKiya - Full of knowledgeable advice. Baking soda rinse did wonders for my ends. As of right now, my ends are not dry and crispy and I did not have to trim my ends.

Pokahontas - HONEY is on point.

Iris - Coconut Oil is the way to go.
Fellow Guyanese know all about dumping coconut oil in their hair.:lick:

Patient1 - For recommending LeKair's Cholesteral. It's cheap and it gets the job done. Love ya.

I hope I got everyone.

Lastly,

I know that this thread is worthless without pictures, but I will post a picture of my blown out hair mid June.

Just take my word for it, that KEEPIN IT SIMPLE is better.

Oh yeah, and curlformers for variety. Alot of money for them, but they really do straighen natural hair without heat. Amazing.

Thanks everyone. I love this site.:yep:
I know, don't you love it! I'm experimenting with molasses now. I think the honey is better for wash n' go's. Honey rinses really make those curls pop.

I'm glad you found a regimen that is working for you.

when i first decided to transition, i adopted the idea of the K.I.S.S. method from observing guys with natural hair. they do very little and their hair seems to thrive. i know part of their growth rate is due to testosterone, but still... it's worked for me. the simpler, the better. :yep:

(i still like to experiment though... :look: )

Lady Libra - Did you say that the Sabino Moisture Block made your hair hard in your video?

I can't wait for mine to come in the mail so I can start experimenting

Wow that a serious regimen there!!!

I just found out on Saturday, that I LOVE BAKING SODA!!!! It is key!!! However when it is followed up by an ACV + Honey rinse :shocked: This made my hair so soft ladies....

I added a little bit of QB Heavy Cream to my hair, pull my hair back in a puff. Later that night I put twists in, and I got my hair done in very short period of time like maybe 3 hours or so and my hair was done. Normally I can collapse a whole day into twisting my hair.

I left the twists in for 2 days and took them out my hair was soft and bouncy.

However after looking at your regimen, I need to step up my DT. I only do them when the mood hits me, which isn't very often:yawn: lol!!! And I want to start adding the coconut oil to my hair... and I think I may pick up a little Redken..... So

THANKS for your detailed regimen!!!

Wow that a serious regimen there!!!

I just found out on Saturday, that I LOVE BAKING SODA!!!! It is key!!! However when it is followed up by an ACV + Honey rinse :shocked: This made my hair so soft ladies....

I added a little bit of QB Heavy Cream to my hair, pull my hair back in a puff. Later that night I put twists in, and I got my hair done in very short period of time like maybe 3 hours or so and my hair was done. Normally I can collapse a whole day into twisting my hair.

I left the twists in for 2 days and took them out my hair was soft and bouncy.

However after looking at your regimen, I need to step up my DT. I only do them when the mood hits me, which isn't very often:yawn: lol!!! And I want to start adding the coconut oil to my hair... and I think I may pick up a little Redken..... So

THANKS for your detailed regimen!!!

You're welcome. How often do you think we could do the Baking Soda Rinse? I don't want to damage my hair in the process of trying to keep it healthy.

It's work in progress. I noticed yesterday my hair was hard (Today it's soft again) I used my Elasta QP DPR-11 conditioner. I don't like it. In my do not use bin it will go. This morning I just washed with my Tresemme. Poured some French Stabilizer with honey and rinsed. Put my ORS half pak in with a little coconut oil and puff we go to work. Tomorrow night I will deep condition again with my Lekair.

Any suggestions on Baking Soda Rinse usage. Maybe once a week

Lady Libra - Did you say that the Sabino Moisture Block made your hair hard in your video?

I can't wait for mine to come in the mail so I can start experimenting

no ma'am, it still felt soft. i just didn't like that it looked greasy, but i think i used too much. :look:

You're welcome. How often do you think we could do the Baking Soda Rinse? I don't want to damage my hair in the process of trying to keep it healthy.

It's work in progress. I noticed yesterday my hair was hard (Today it's soft again) I used my Elasta QP DPR-11 conditioner. I don't like it. In my do not use bin it will go. This morning I just washed with my Tresemme. Poured some French Stabilizer with honey and rinsed. Put my ORS half pak in with a little coconut oil and puff we go to work. Tomorrow night I will deep condition again with my Lekair.

Any suggestions on Baking Soda Rinse usage. Maybe once a week

I'm a believer in letting my hair tell me when it needs it. I know how it feels, when it needs a BS rinse, and I just observe that 'timing' for a while, and then assign a time based on that - if that made sense? So - for a while, my hair only 'needed' BS about every 10 weeks - so I did it every 8. Right now, because I've changed up on products (and it's summer) my hair is needing it every 3 weeks or so. Sometimes I do it every 4, sometimes it irks me and I have to do it every 2. I think your hair will best tell you what it likes.

And an ACV & Honey rinse sounds DELISH! :lick: I might have to try that one.

Congrats girl K.I.S.S is the best, i decided to just think back to the days my mum took care of my hair.

So what is it that you do with the honey, do you just add it to your deep conditions then rinse it out?
I bought some honey so im looking to experiment with it.

^^^yep. as an alternative, i don't rinse out my condish anymore, i use it as my leave-in. so the honey i add to my condish gives me super-shine and definiton. :grin:

first off...your avi is beautiful. i am in awe.

second...i'm a little tar-tar, so how are you using the baking soda? you just pour it over your head, or do you mix it in with something?

So....

Once a week for baking soda is too much then...

So my ends feeling crunch would signal me to do a rinse then?

I apply about two handfuls of honey to the conditioner in my hair and wash my body while it penetrates in.

first off...your avi is beautiful. i am in awe.

second...i'm a little tar-tar, so how are you using the baking soda? you just pour it over your head, or do you mix it in with something?

I add about two teaspoons into a big mixing bowl and pour it over my head gradually. Next time I do it, I'll scrub my ends. If I did one rinse on Thursday 5/22/08, I won't be due to do another next month?????

I cant hang with anything but K.I.S.S. at this point

visiting here makes that very difficult

I have been processing a list and then processing what I really AM NOT going to get on that list

so far so good! I'm knocking some stuff off ......quick

i mix some baking soda with water in a spray bottle and i spray it on my scalp section by section after i've wet my hair. i use my fingers to massage/scrub my scalp and then rinse.

i use baking soda to wash my hair which can range from every few days to once a week to once a month. it really gets my scalp clean and removes buildup from conditioner washing and moisturizing. i also mix baking soda with my conditioner (giovanni 50:50) sometimes to save time and it works just as well.

How much honey are you guys adding to your condish leave in...I've tried adding it to my leave-in as well as my twisting cream, but I hated the way my hair felt. Just too sticky..So yep, I know I added too much :rolleyes:

Once the honey is in your hair, it really does dissolve. No stickiness whats so ever. I put about two handfuls throughout my wet hair and rinse. I haven't been brave enough to leave it in all day though. One weekend, I'll try it

I put the baking soda in my conditioner. So I will have a half a bottlle of VO5 or Suave (whatever you like), and I add some coconut milk, some honey (not to much) a tiny bit of evoo, and the rest is water. Shake, shake, shake .....and I wash my hair with it.

I am not washing as much right now, and my scalp is used to frequent washings.
Since I co-wash daily with my same mixture minus the Baking soda, I just added the baking soda to get the deep clean at the end of my 4-5 days.

I know that seems like a lot, but when I am done washing and rinsing my hair with ACV + Honey rinse, I add some QB Heavy Cream and my hair is soft until I wash it again.

When I go back to my daily co-washes as it gets hotter, I will take the Baking Soda out.

My ACV + Honey rinse is heavily diluted with water. I pour it in my head and let it sit, while I wash and then rinse it out. This seems to work.

See I am trying to come up with a moisture DT that has no protein in it. Honey is the base.

I have to do some research though and see.

Honey is a staple in my regimen. When I don't have it, I notice it right away.

I put the baking soda in my conditioner. So I will have a half a bottlle of VO5 or Suave (whatever you like), and I add some coconut milk, some honey (not to much) a tiny bit of evoo, and the rest is water. Shake, shake, shake .....and I wash my hair with it.

i gotta get me some coconut milk man... this sounds like a yummier version of my cowash concoction... :lick:

i gotta get me some coconut milk man... this sounds like a yummier version of my cowash concoction... :lick:

Yeah, I am going to do a minin experiment with my hair over the next few weeks to see what each product is doing for me.

Reason being.... last year I concocted a dt, put in my hair, left in in overnight got up wash it out , and then I blew my hair dry and my hair was straight. I mean it was silky too, and my 4a--4z hair did not have that curly or kinky stuff going on at the ends. So I am going to experiment so I can let everyone know.

The dt had coconut all in it!!

Yeah, I am going to do a minin experiment with my hair over the next few weeks to see what each product is doing for me.

Reason being.... last year I concocted a dt, put in my hair, left in in overnight got up wash it out , and then I blew my hair dry and my hair was straight. I mean it was silky too, and my 4a--4z hair did not have that curly or kinky stuff going on at the ends. So I am going to experiment so I can let everyone know.

The dt had coconut all in it!!

What is a dt? :spinning:

DT - I'm assuming is a deep treatment.

Last night I dyed my hair back to the color in my avatar. I wasn't playing last night, I did a steam treatment and slept with some conditioner in my hair. I woke up and my hair was kind of stiff. So I washed out the conditioner applied some Daily Doctor in my hair and sealed with coconut oil. My hair looked good and forgot for a minute why I stopped using the Daily Doctor. Another recommendation. It is nice on my hair. Waiting now to go to the BSS to pick up another bottle. I think I'll add this into my regimen.

Is it still simple?

Congrats girl K.I.S.S is the best, i decided to just think back to the days my mum took care of my hair.

So what is it that you do with the honey, do you just add it to your deep conditions then rinse it out?
I bought some honey so im looking to experiment with it.
I do honey rinses to make my curls pop. Just add a spoonfull of honey to a cup of warm water and use this for your final rinse....don't rinse out. It won't be sticky at all. It will make your curls very shiny and well defined.....also helps with frizz.

Back