Naturals in the Rain and Pool

I dont mind my hair getting wet for most of the reasons stated above:

it was a fro to begin with, it just gets fluffier and bigger which I love. Plus since I do my own hair now that I am natural its not a big ordeal to have it redone. I don't have to pay for it or pray i can get an appt and wait around at the shop. I can recover my "do" all by my lonesome and fairly quickly might I add:grin:

This confuses me as well. When I relaxed, I didn't have to worry about my hair reverting, but as a natural I would. HOWEVER, I haven't flatironed/straightened my hair in over two years and wear it mainly in twists, so the rain doesn't bother me. If I have a twistout I am definitely covering it as I want to preserve that look. I don't like getting 'wet' by rain, so I'm carrying an umbrella if I have one when it's raining pretty steadily.

I hate that we have 'others' thinking we're ALL scared of the rain. When I was relaxed (over 6 years ago) I hated it when my non black friends would be shocked that I wasn't running to get out of the rain....however, just like anyone else I own an umbrella and will use it. That's what it's for.....

Last edited:
Back