Naturals in the 4s.......Fav Deep conditioners.

Mandy4610

I don't mean to leave out the relaxed divas and the other textures divas, just need more specific answers:grin:

naturals in the 4s, What are you current DC favs?
AO HSR has been my staple, but for some reason lately I feel like it hasn't been doing much for my hair.

Please help.

I like the giovanni SAS conditioner. My new favourite is the Cantu Shea butter natural line deep treatment masque. With AO, i have to thin it out with oil for it to work for me.

White Cameilla or Island Naturals both worked better for me than, Honeysuckle Rose.

Rhassoul Clay with oils, makes a lovely treatment also.

Caramel treatment never fails.

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and GPB. In the winter time I have to deep condition with it for much longer because it gets so dry outside.

I dumped AO because they always left my hair too oily. Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk is my new staple.

ETA: Silk dreams is the first DC I've used that doesn't need to be mixed with anything else.

Last edited:
I have been using Cantu Shea Butter Leave in mixed with honey (or veg glycerine) and EVOO for a while and it's still doing the job. :)

Mandy, when was the last time you clarified?

Aside from the Aubrey products, I really like Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner. It's much lighter than any of the AO conditioners, but it works well for me with heat, without heat, and with a steamer.

I only DC with reconstructors: Aubrey's GPB and Nexxus Emergencée are what I use to DC.

I find just regular conditioning with Aussie 3 Minute, any of the Organics conditioners (or HSR when I have it) and baggying seem to be enough for me. Maybe it's because my hair is usually bare so is more open to accept the benefits of conditioning as there's nothing in the way? :ohwell:

I must be in the minority, but my hair doesn't like any Aubrey Organics conditioners :-(

For co washing it has to be Tresseme's naturals and for deep conditioner Taliah Waajid herbal conditioner. Although my hair responded well to the Taliah Waajid's when I fist started using it, it's not giving me the same results. So I'm on the look out for another.

In regards to clay how do u use it? I have tried it twice and neither time was impressed going to give it one more shot than call it quits.

I use half a cube to one whole cube per application and I mix mine with coconut milk (you want to leave the mix more on the thicker side, not runny so you won't be using the whole can of coconut milk). I leave it on my hair for an hour to several hours and then rinse. It makes my hair so soft and my curls are much more defined, I'm not a WnG kinda girl but I feel I could pull off a WnG after I use this product.

@McQuay30 - How have you been using the clay?

Dominican all the way. My lil secret weapon has been Lady Fior Kita Ondas. I can never keep enough of that stuff around.

Natural 4 here:
Silk elements deep cont treatment (mixed with coconut oil left on overnight)
or
Shescentit avocado moisturizing conditioner mixed with coconut oil (left on overnight)

Last edited:
aubrey's hsr and white camelia

shea moisture conditioners! but not the masques (the masques suck on my hair).

honorable mention... giovanni's smooth as silk.

Back