~~Naturals I found a new way to do my hair ~~

Every time I see that style, my heart weeps. It's cute, but I'd have to start locs afterwards. :nono:

Thanks for sharing. I think Lisa Akbari is relaxed, so this would probably be good those who are relaxed, too. :yep:

I came across this video. Although I style my fro differently, I have sported the curly fro all week. No need to do a wash n go daily:grin:. I'm not sure if this video was posted before, but for those of you who did not see it, I thought I would share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iANRg5XA6m8&feature=related

This looks great. It reminds me of the Bandu set that I tried a while back but it looked awful. Maybe I'll give this a try, the other testimonials/tutorials on youtube looks promising.:yep:

My mom did this her hair back in the seventies and to my hair on days when I wanted loser curls. I love how it looks.

This looks great. It reminds me of the Bandu set that I tried a while back but it looked awful. Maybe I'll give this a try, the other testimonials/tutorials on youtube looks promising.:yep:

wow this is exactly what happened to me lol i tried a bantu knot out for the 1st time on fri and it was terrible :perplexed but im going to give this a try! thanks for posting:grin:

For those of you that are going to try the curly fro, please let me know how it turned out. I use Bronner Bros castor oil each night, and in the a.m. it turns out really well. I agree bantu knots did not look go on me, but this seem to do the trick.

It's a really cute style. I may try this when next year because I already have my styles planned out for the rest of the year.

The way she does it would have my hair super tangled (the rolling down and then tucking under). I use satin covered foam rollers on my hair and turns out fine. But, I get the best curly fro when I do two strand twists (the same size or bigger than the ones in the video) and then bantu knot the twists. I do this on damp hair. I get the most compliments on my curly fro when I do it this way.

Next time I do it I will take pictures. It's my go to style when I'm not in a wig because it doesn't require heat (I don't do heat), it isn't difficult to do, and it stretches out my ends. Also, I don't redo all of it every night, just the parts where the curls have fallen a little or the parts that will get smushed while I'm sleeping.

Thanks for sharing. I think Lisa Akbari is relaxed, so this would probably be good those who are relaxed, too. :yep:

:yep: I think so too. I still have some relaxed ends that's how my hair looks when I do a twistout and roll the ends with just the plastic part of the foam rollers.

I did it! I'm sporting a curly fro :yep: but I can't make it translate into pictures. :confused: I will come back to this thread after work and let ya'll know if I get any compliments. If I do then I will post this mornings pics if I don't I won't. :look:

That a great idea. I love that girls videos, shes so adorable.

Twist, and twist, and twist...Lisa Akbari is my texture twin yay!

I did it! I'm sporting a curly fro :yep: but I can't make it translate into pictures. :confused: I will come back to this thread after work and let ya'll know if I get any compliments. If I do then I will post this mornings pics if I don't I won't. :look:

What did you think? Did you like it? Girl post some pictures.:yep:

I did something like this back in '05...I put in twists and then pin curled them, like I used to watch my mom pin curl her hair back in the day. When I posted the pic, people thought I had relaxed my hair. Only difference was, I blow dried the hair first. I have a pic of it somewhere in my 2005 album on Fotki.

Tomorrow is a work out day for me, so I'll be washing my hair. I will have to try this again, without the blow dryer. :yep:

I don't get it ... isn't that just a twistout

I think everyone has their own version of what a twistout is... on here it could be just two strand twists or two strand twists with rods/curlers on the ends or two strand twists that are bantu knotted or something else entirely.

I don't get it ... isn't that just a twistout

I'm a little confused, too. Esp. at people saying their hair will lock after this. Isn't she just doing a twist out and rolling it on a roller? This is just a slight variation on the "twist and curl" method on Curly Nikki's blog and no one was saying their hair will lock because of that. Is it because of tucking the hair under? I mean, don't you all tuck the hair under for bantu knots and bantu knot-outs, too? I'm confused.

Back