~~Naturals I found a new way to do my hair ~~

Very pretty! I might need to get those rollers...

Her skin is very beautiful as well.

I'm a little confused, too. Esp. at people saying their hair will lock after this. Isn't she just doing a twist out and rolling it on a roller? This is just a slight variation on the "twist and curl" method on Curly Nikki's blog and no one was saying their hair will lock because of that. Is it because of tucking the hair under? I mean, don't you all tuck the hair under for bantu knots and bantu knot-outs, too? I'm confused.

I don't do bantu knots, or bantu knots outs, either, for the same reason. :lachen: I did it once - once - and it looked realll cute, too. I had two toned hair then, and it was the cutest lil fro evah!
I was literally in tears detangling it, though, and I only wore it for two days, I think, before it got too squished and matted to be cute anymore.
For me loose + unstretched + curly = major tangles = locs (or a baldy). :lol: My hair styles are strictly structured around insuring the least tangles possible - and that is a tangle waiting to happen.

Sooooo cute though. *sigh*

I used to do this style in the 90s, except I braided instead of twisting, and set it on small perm rods. Imo, very cute!

I did this last night it came out really cute, But I had just washed my hair so I will try it again to night and see what happens. it might be thicker looking. I pinned the back up. I used shea butter on my ends and tucked it in the hair as shown and then used coconut oil and removed it fluffed and pinned up the back and went to work. Cute. I really like it and I think its a keeper. I like not having to comb my hair. Its never been a problem for me in fact since I been using Wen I don't have to detangle at all anymore. I was concerned about tangles but if you use enough moisture on it while untwisting and then moisture prior to untwisting and a little more on each untwist you should not have a problem I didn't at all.

331293616_5da894f746.jpg

That's the best shot I have of the actual texture of my hair. Full face shot - do ignore the goofy face. I was marveling at how 14 I looked. :lachen:

331294251_5ec9d8c4e2_m.jpg

:lachen: Even on the comment in my album, I grouse about how danngone hard it was to detangle afterwards - those were two strand twists, put into bantu's, and then undone. Bantu twist knot out?

:lachen: Even on the comment in my album, I grouse about how danngone hard it was to detangle afterwards - those were two strand twists, put into bantu's, and then undone. Bantu twist knot out?

I think you might just be my hair twin or at least cousin, my hair is very similar to yours. Anyway, I do the exact same thing (twist, bantu, undone) on my hair all the time and it doesn't get super tangled.

I do it on damp-wet hair. I also detangle with my fingers as I twist, and I try to stretch the twist as much as possible. Then when I do the knot, I do it tight. If I do them loose then my hair just shrinks as it dries, which causes tangles as I'm undoing them and trying to fluff them out.

When I take them out my hair is stretched out pretty well. Why do you think it didn't work well for you?

I think you might just be my hair twin or at least cousin, my hair is very similar to yours. Anyway, I do the exact same thing (twist, bantu, undone) on my hair all the time and it doesn't get super tangled.

I do it on damp-wet hair. I also detangle with my fingers as I twist, and I try to stretch the twist as much as possible. Then when I do the knot, I do it tight. If I do them loose then my hair just shrinks as it dries, which causes tangles as I'm undoing them and trying to fluff them out.

When I take them out my hair is stretched out pretty well. Why do you think it didn't work well for you?

Because my hair won't stay stretched unless it's held stretched. If I wear my hair loose, it will shrink, no matter how dry it is, or how dry the environment is (though, living in the Southeast, it's never really dry here :lol:).
And when my hair shrinks, it tangles. I could wear a style like that for about a day - really, an afternoon - and be still mostly tangle-free. My hair is also very lightweight, so air movement will tangle it, too. And my ends dry out easily, and the drier my hair is, the more it tangles. *sigh* And the absolutely adorable little curls at the ends, formed by the 'lock' of the bantu knot? Main tangle spot - they actually tied themselves together. :rolleyes:

One of these days, I'm going to figure out how to 'freeze' my hair so that I can wear it in styles like these. I've considered trying something like the Sabino Moisture Block or some other anti-humectant to see if that helps, but then I run into silicone central, and all the bruhaha that entails, and....... *sigh* I might just have to focus on creating the flyesy natural updo's evah to make up for not being willing to wear it out.

Because my hair won't stay stretched unless it's held stretched. If I wear my hair loose, it will shrink, no matter how dry it is, or how dry the environment is (though, living in the Southeast, it's never really dry here :lol:).
And when my hair shrinks, it tangles. I could wear a style like that for about a day - really, an afternoon - and be still mostly tangle-free. My hair is also very lightweight, so air movement will tangle it, too. And my ends dry out easily, and the drier my hair is, the more it tangles. *sigh* And the absolutely adorable little curls at the ends, formed by the 'lock' of the bantu knot? Main tangle spot - they actually tied themselves together. :rolleyes:

One of these days, I'm going to figure out how to 'freeze' my hair so that I can wear it in styles like these. I've considered trying something like the Sabino Moisture Block or some other anti-humectant to see if that helps, but then I run into silicone central, and all the bruhaha that entails, and....... *sigh* I might just have to focus on creating the flyesy natural updo's evah to make up for not being willing to wear it out.

I see I see....hmmmm shrinks even while dry? Curiouser and curiouser. There must be a way...I just don't know what it is.

I'm starting to think my hair is odd...it's 4a/b but it behaves so differently from other 4a/b's on the board. I feel you on the updo's though...I can't until my hair is long enough to do updo's while in large twists :lick:.

Here is a pic... I got a lot of compliments today :) I hadn't fully separated the parts when I took this pic but here is how it looked for the most part.

Journeytolonghair556.jpg

Back