Naturals: How long does your press / flat iron last?

Keedah

So I just received my maxiglide I bought off Ebay :grin: and am ready to flat iron my hair. I remember when I was transitioning the salon told me a press should last 2 weeks but mine lasted a few days (ended up putting a desk together and sweated it out). I would be happy if it lasted a week but even more happy if it lasted longer. Im going to airdry in twists and flat iron the next day. Im using Redken 05 Straightening balm (got it for free at a shopping party). On average how long does yours last?

My last press lasted 3 weeks. Probably coulda lasted longer, but I NEEDED to wash/deep condition my hair. Not to mention I was tired of dodging rain...and carrying a showercap in my purse....lol...:drunk:

It could probably last 2 or more weeks, but I go the gym. So I'll say 1 week. I've been using sabino moisture block. That has helped tremendously against the VA humidity.

3 days at the most.

I can stretch it out much further, but I get paranoid/guilty about not being able to moisturize properly :lol:

Thanks ladies. I know I have some Aveda anti humectant pomade somewhere and I think I better find it before I flat iron. I live near the beach and the humidity here is no joke.

Anyone else?

Up to 2-3 weeks... but only if it's not humid and if i don't work out :ohwell: My scalp starts feeling kinda icky after a week though.

Longer than two weeks if I let it...close to three. With the right products (beyond straight and the end), it will last two weeks with regular exercise and humidity/rain.

7-10 days w/Sabino Moisture Block...then I wash :yep::yep::yep:
hairpics002C.jpg

about a week with sabino MB in the summer so i am wagering two weeks in the winter; that is, if i can resist the urge to cowash it out.

Unfortunately I am still rocking my press and I got my hair pressed on July 18th....I plan to do a good deep conditioning on this wednesday....:look:

In the summer time mine only lasts a day or two ...if that! I used aveda anti-humicant ...it is no help. I will have to try the Sabino Moisture Block thing.

2 weeks.

The last three days of the two weeks is a challenge though. It's like my poor hair is like "enough already" lol.

Mine last until whenever I decide to wash it out which is two weeks. The sabino is amazing though. Your hair will stay straight even if its humid or you sweat.

When the weather is cooler, 2 weeks, when its humid...1 week.

I will have to do the Sabino M. Block again to see how it holds up.

Í'm not completely natural yet - I'm transitioning and 7 months post. When I straighten I know I could get it to last longer, but the look starts to fade alittle around day 4 - it starts to get alittle weighed down. And then my scalp starts feeling icky :nono: So @ most I'd wear it down for 5-7 days, and then maaaaaaaaybe keep it straight but take advantage of the smooth edges for some sleek updos.

Maybe it'll be better in the winter when I'm not sweating and whatnot.

Back