Naturals- How long does it take for your hair to dry?

kristina

Hi ladies,
Last night, I did my first CW on my now approaching three week old twists. I patted them with a towel and lightly squeezed out the water. I put them in bantu knots overnight to get the ends to curl. Still now (11:25 am), they are still a bit moist. Is this normal? Any quick drying secrets?

twists don't work on my hair I guess because it is so fine. but I do braid outs. and it only takes a few hrs for my hair to dry.

Whenever I style my hair while it's still damp it takes forever to dry... like 10 hours. So what I do before I twist up or braid is band my hair. Let it air dry for 1/2 hour or so like that and then I can do my hair and it won't be wet when I untwist or unbraid it.

I usually do anything involving wetting my air at night because it takes forever (at least 10) hours for my hair to dry with things like twists or braids for braid outs and sometimes they are still slightly damp. I think it depends on how thick your hair is and porosity as well

AFashionSlave said:
My hair takes all night to dry.

That is why I try to only wash my hair before bed.

Ditto! :) Forget washing my hair in the daytime unless I have plenty of time on my hands...

thanks! fortunately my hair doesn't have that yucky mildewy smell but next time I'm going to try banding.

The first time i did a braid out I cw my hair at 7:30pm, it didn't dry until around 10:00am the next day. So now I blowdry, then do my braid out.

My hair dries VERY quickly. I'm talking 3 hours tops. I used to think it wasn't normal that my hair dries so quickly, but I think it must be a property of my type of hair (cottony maybe?)

I think it doesn't thoroughly absorb the water.

Even if I go to bean in a towel, it will still be moist when I wake up. So I'd say a day and a half.

If I do twists or a braidout on wet hair, my hair takes a good 16 hours to dry.

If I use a leave-in conditioner and do twists, my hair takes even longer to dry.

If I do either of the above and make only a few big, fat loose braids, my hair dries considerably faster.

If I just washed/conditioned my hair and jumped out the shower without combing it, my hair would dry in about an hour (but I would never do that, because I would have a crazy-tangled afro) :lol:

To the OP- It will take your hair a while to dry with bantu knots. There's not a lot of air thati is able to get to your hair strands, so try Mecca's suggestion- I know I will!!

My hair takes forever to dry! Especially if I let it dry in braids/twists - maybe up to 24 hours until it is totally dry. If I choose to go without oils or other hair products after washing it doesn't take as long.

my hair can take 24hrs + to fully air dry. I find that buns and ponytails take the longest to dry sometiimes because many times when i take them down the center is still damp and this could be 3-4 days after i initially put them in.

As far as drying goes, I love the way my hair works. Then ends dry fairly quickly, shrinking into shiny, coiffed coils, while the roots stay moist for a further 4 hours.

i have noticed this pattern when it comes to drying time
afro dries fast within 1-2 hrs
puffs next 1-2.5
then twists 2.5-3
then bantus maybe overnight
the slowest for me is THE BUN overnight and then some

Back