Naturals: How Do You Use Your Castor Oil? I just Bought Some Today!!

SignatureBeauty

Help me out Ladies! how do I use this stuff? Now I have a Twa so I can't do any twisting or Plaits, But I read where alot CW and apply a Leave in and then "Seal" with it, So how much do you use? I am ready to try it out tonight:D

i mix it w/ my conditioner for deep conditioning. i sit under a cap for 30 mins to an hour with that mix on and then rinse. my hair always comes out SUPER soft. i also put it on my ends and scalp from time to time.

it's good stuff...

I use it for everything.
I put it on my hair every night and then baggy . I use it on my face to keep the moisture in .... and i swear it helps clear up acne but that is just me. I loooove this stuff. I add it to my shampoo my conditioner my hair dressings you name it. I also love it for my daughters hair

Im not natural, but will add my $19.13 anyway! :D

Sometimes i add it to my DC............ or i may add it to my ORS Olive Oil, and moisturize my ends with it.

HTH

Last edited:
I slacked for a while but I've been using it a lot lately. One way is to do overnight treatments with it if my hair has been feeling dry..I spritz my ends and apply a small amt. Another way I use it (lately) is to add it to my leave-in. I just add about a nickel sized amt., i mix it in then apply it to my damp hair. The third way is to mix it with another conditioner and use it for a deep treatment. I heat the oil on the stove then I add some conditioner then I apply the warm mixture to dry hair. I do this for deep conditioning or days that I was to lazy or tired to sleep with a scarf on and I wake up with dry & crunchy hair.

I use both the Jamaican & refined castor oil...but the Jamaican is a tad bit more moisturizing/humectant so I use it when I really need a boost.

I have the Palmi Christi brand, and I usually mix it with my DC or in a prepoo conditioner cocktail. I also put it in my homemade scalp oil that includes jojoba oil, castor oil, and lavender and rosemary eo's. HTH :)

Thanks Ladies! Lovetoalicia I just bought the plain castor oil from the pharmacy section, I can't really tell just yet how it is going to work because I am outside all the time and the Sun is just kicking my Twa's a** and it dry it out fast, I cannot wait until I can do some type of protective style because my ends are terrible. I will try it in a deep conditioner this weekend.

I'm not completely natural, yet. I love Castor Oil and add it to conditioners and mix it w/ thinner oils b/c it's so thick. It's one of my favorite oils. :love:

I just used up the last bit, I mixed it with water, about a one quarter oil, and shook it up really well and sprayed it on after using my B&B oil moisturizer. It worked really well, my hair is very moist and shiny. I hope it keeps working b/c my hair rejects things after a while. Definitely cannot use it straight, especially on dry hair. Makes my hair dull and sticky.

i use it in my condition too, i prepoo with it mixed with amla oil. i just started putting it in my spray bottle which consists of water, leave in conditioner, castor and amla oil. i spray my hair daily with it. you know what else, i put it in my conditioner and didnt wash the oil out, i forgot because i usually use as a prepoo but i didnt know why my hair was, not oily, but just a little heavier and then remembered the castor oil. its keeping the frizzies away though. :grin:

Back