Naturals, how do you tame your roots when doing twists?

tinkat

This is my second week wearing my hair out, and I am learning my hair. What products do you use to tame those roots???

Have you tried using single prong clips to hold them in place at the start of the twist, or beginning the twist with a braid?

Have you tried using single prong clips to hold them in place at the start of the twist, or beginning the twist with a braid?

No, I haven't tried those methods, I'll keep that in mind...I don't know if it is bc I don't catch my hair @ the roots good or what..I am still learning

I just make sure I get the gel I used to twist on there good. And comb through each piece before twisting it. They stay like that until I take them out.

I double twist. Take each section of hair that going to be in the twist, and split it into section A and section B. Comb through both sections, and apply what ever twisting 'goo' you are using.

As you twist, twist each section, as well. So, to start, give A a 'spin', and then twist it around B. Then give B a 'spin' and twist it around A. The tighter the 'spin' on each section, the tighter/more stable it'll hold and it'll keep the roots nicer.

It also makes it easier to take your hair back down, because the two sections don't have as much of a chance to tangle with each other.

I double twist. Take each section of hair that going to be in the twist, and split it into section A and section B. Comb through both sections, and apply what ever twisting 'goo' you are using.

As you twist, twist each section, as well. So, to start, give A a 'spin', and then twist it around B. Then give B a 'spin' and twist it around A. The tighter the 'spin' on each section, the tighter/more stable it'll hold and it'll keep the roots nicer.

It also makes it easier to take your hair back down, because the two sections don't have as much of a chance to tangle with each other.

Hmmm...interesting :yep:

Back